The Return Of The Trickster

We walked in the diner for about the hundredth time, or at least for me, and the door chimes as the cashier gives Mr. Pickett some change.

"Drive safely now, Mr. Pickett."

"Yeah, yeah." Mr Pickett grumbles and we bump into each other as we pass. "Can't stay unless you order something, Cal. You know the rules." A waitress said and Cal passes her some change. Dean and I sit down in a booth.

"Hey. Tuesday. Pig in a poke." Dean said and I put a set of keys on the table. Dean looks at them, then at me. "What are those?" he asked me. "The old man's. Trust me, you don't want him behind the wheel." I said and Doris comes up to us.

"You two ready?" she asked. "Uh, yes, we are. I'll have the special, side of bacon and a coffee." Dean said and I turn to her. "Hey, Doris? What I'd like is for you to log in some more hours at the archery range. You're a terrible shot." I said and she gives me a confused look. "How'd you know that?" She asked. "Lucky guess." I said, smirking, and she walks away.

"Okay, so you think you're caught in some kind of what, again?" Dean asked me. "Time loop." I replied. "Like Groundhog Day." He said. "Doesn't matter. There's no way to stop it." I said, annoyed. "Jeez, aren't you grumpy." Dean retorts. "Yeah, I am. You wanna know why?" I asked and he raises an eyebrow at me. "Because this is the hundredth Tuesday in a row I've been through, and it never stops. Ever. So yeah, I'm a little grumpy." I growled. "Hot sauce."

"What?" Dean asked as Doris arrives with the coffee and hot sauce. "Coffee, black, and some hot sauce for the-whoops! Crap!" She shouts but I catch the hot sauce and slide it across the table. "Thanks." Doris said and she walks away again.

"Nice reflexes." Dean compliments. "I knew it was going to happen, Dean. I know everything that's gonna happen." I said. "You don't know everything." Dean said and I raise an eyebrow. "Yeah, I do." I said.
"Yeah, right." We said, in unison, and Dean furrows his brow.

"Nice guess." We said, in unison again. "It wasn't a guess." I said to him.

"Right, you're a mind reader." we said and I could tell Dean was getting a bit annoyed.

"Cut it out, (y/n)."

"(y/n)."

Then we lean towards each other, simultaneously. "You think you're being funny but you're being really really childish!" We said. "(y/n) (l/n) is a scaredy cat. (Y/n) (l/n) is a crybaby. When she watches Titanic, she cries at the end when Jack dies..." we said until Dean throws up his hands In frustration and said. "Okay, enough!"

"That's not all. Randy the cashier? He's skimming from the register. Judge Myers? At night he puts on a furry bunny outfit. Over there, that's Cal. He's gonna rob Tony the mechanic on the way home." I informed. "What's your point?" Dean asked me. "My point is I've lived through every possible Tuesday. I've watched you die every possible way. I have ripped apart the Mystery Spot, burnt it down, tried everything I know to save your life and I can't. No matter what I do, you die. And then I wake up. And then it's Tuesday again." I explained, exhausted.

"Dog." I muttered as we walked down the street and the dog barks. "There's gotta be some way out of this." Dean said as I muttered. "Where's my dang keys?"
We pass Mr. Pickett as he yells. "Where's my dang keys?"

I stepped aside as the blonde woman starts to walk by. Then Dean puts out a hand to stop me. "Hey. All the times we've walked down this street, I ever do this?" Dean asked as he goes back to Blonde Girl. "'scuse me, Miss!" He called out and I stare after him, shocked. "No." I said as Blonde Girl gives Dean one of her papers.

"Hundred Tuesdays and you never bothered to check what she was holding in her hands?" Dean asked me as he comes back over to me. I shrug as Dean holds up the flyer. "It's the guy who went missing." He said and I stare at the name DEXTER HASSELBACK under the picture from the newspaper clipping. "Yeah?" I said. "That's his daughter back there." Dean said and I grab the flyer and run after Blonde Girl. "Ma'am?" I called out then I hear the dog growling and barking at Dean.