What's Dead Should Stay Dead

"They buried the body four days ago." I said, shocked, as we stared at the empty coffin. "I don't get it." Sam said then he moves his flashlight and I noticed something Carver in the coffin. "Guys, look." I said and we kneel down and look at the carving. "What is that?" Dean asked. "I'm not sure." Sam said.

"I've seen these kind of symbols before." Dean said, in realization.

The next day, we go to Dr Mason's house and Dean pounds heavily on the door. "Dean. Take it easy, okay?" I said to him just as Mason opens the door.

"You're Angie's friends, right?" He asked as he looks at us. "Dr. Mason..." Sam started to say, gently, but Dean steps up. "We need to talk." He said, harshly, and I smack his arm. "Dean." I said, warningly. "Well, then, come in." Mason said as he opens his door wider for us. "Thanks." I said and we enter the building.

"You teach Ancient Greek. Tell me --" Dean said as he starts unwrapping a paper. "...what are these?" He asked and he shows Dr. Mason the paper on which he's copied the symbols from the grave. "I don't understand. You said this had something to do with Angela." Mason said, confused. "It does. Please, just humor me." Dean said and Mason looks over the paper.

"They're part of an ancient Greek divination ritual." He said. "Used for necromancy, right?" I asked him. "That's right." He said. "See, before we came over here we stopped by the library and did a little homework ourselves. Apparently they used rituals like this one for communicating with the dead. Even bringing corpses back to life. Full-on zombie action." Dean said to her.

"Yes. I mean, according to the legends. Now, what's all this about?" He asked and I watched him, starting to doubt that he did this ritual. "I think you know." Dean said, harshly. "Dean." Sam and I said, warningly. "Look, I get it. Okay? There are people that I would give anything to see again. But what gives you the right?" Dean asked, ignoring us.

"Dean!" Sam and I said, louder.
"What are you talking about?" Mason asked Dean. "What's dead should stay dead!" Dean yells. "What?!" Mason asked, confused. "Stop it!" I shouted at Dean as I grab his arm but he yanks his arm away from me and continues to yell at Mason.

"What you brought back isn't even your daughter anymore. These things are vicious, they're violent, they're so nasty they rot the ground around them. I mean, come on, haven't you seen Pet Sematary?" Dean asked, angrily. "You're insane." Mason yells.

"Where is she?" Dean asked him. "Get out of my house." Mason said and he goes to his phone and starts to dial but Dean knocks it out of his hand. "I know you're hiding her somewhere. Where is she?!" Dean yells, angrily. "Dean! Stop, that's enough! Dean, look!" Sam yells and he grabs Dean's jacket, and we point to a row of plants by the window.

"Beautiful, living plants." I said to him then I turn to Mason. "We're leaving." I said. "I'm calling the police." Mason said as Dean pulls out of Sam's grip and storms for the door. "Sir, we're sorry. We won't bother you again." Sam said and we leave.

Dean strides down the steps and along the sidewalk, Sam and I began following him. "What the hell is the matter with you, Dean?" I asked him, angrily. "Back off." Dean growled. "That man is innocent! He didn't deserve that!" Sam said.

"Okay, so she's not here, maybe he's keeping her somewhere else." Dean said. "Stop it! That's enough, okay? Enough!" I said, firmly. "(Y/n), I know what I'm doing." Dean said and I shake my head. "No, you don't. At all. Dean, I don't scare easy, but man, you're scaring the crap out of me." I said. "And you're scaring me too." Sam said.

"Don't be overdramatic, guys." Dean said. "You're lucky this turned out to be a real case. Because if it wasn't you would have just found something else to kill." Sam said. "Wha-" Dean started to ask but I talk over him.