Would Do Anything For My Little Brother

We pull up to the motel parking lot then we get out, Sam and I continue laughing back what happened to Dean with that old lady. "I was sleeping with my peepers open?" Sam mimics then he and I laugh. "I almost smoked that old girl, I swear. It's not funny!" Dean grumbled at us. "Oh man, you shoulda seen your face." I snigger. "Yeah, laugh it off. Now we're back to square one." Dean said then we turn our head and see the boy from yesterday.

"Hang on." Dean said and he walks up to the boy, Sam and I follow him. "Hey what's wrong?" Dean asked the boy. "My brother's sick." The boy replied, upset. "The little guy?" Dean asked and the boy nods. "Pneumonia. He's in the hospital. It's my fault." He cries.

"Ah c'mon, how?" Dean asked him. "I shoulda made sure the window was latched. He wouldn't've got pneumonia if the window was latched." The boy said. Dean looks away as Sam and I watch him, frowning thoughtfully.

"Listen to me. I can promise you that this is not your fault. Okay?" Dean said, trying to assure the boy. "It's my job to look after him." The boy said just as his mother hurries out of the motel toward her car. "Michael, I want you to turn on the no vacancy sign while I'm gone. I've got Denise covering room service so don't bother with any of the rooms." She said. "I'm going with you." Michael said.

"Not now, Michael." His mother said, exasperated. "But I gotta see Asher!" Michael argues until Dean comes up. "Hey Michael. Hey. I know how you feel -- I'm a big brother too -- but you gotta go easy on your Mom right now, ok?" He said just as the woman drops her purse in her haste.

"Dammit!" She exclaims as Sam and I run over to her and Sam picks up her purse. "I got it." He said and he hands her the purse. "Thank you." She said, appreciatevly.

"Listen, you're in no condition to drive -- why don't you let me give you a lift to the hospital." Dean said. "No, I couldn't possibly..." the woman said but Dean shakes his head. "No, it's no trouble. I insist." He said and he takes her keys. 

"Thanks." She said then she turns to Michael. "Be good." She said and Dean helps her into her seat then turns to me and Sam. "We're gonna kill this thing. I want it dead, you hear me?" Dean said to us, firmly. Sam and I nod at him then he loads up in the car and drives away.

A few hours later, Sam and I were sitting at a microfiche machine in the library, looking for anything about this creature. After looking, Sam picks up his phone and calls Dean.

"Hey. How's the kid?" Sam asked and there was a pause before I look over at Sam. Sam looks at me and shakes his head, indicating that that boy was not doing good, and I frown as I look back through the machine.

"We're at the library. We've been trying to find out as much as we can about this Shtriga." Sam said as I flip through articles and pictures. "Well, bad news. We started with Fort Douglas around the time you said Dad and (father's name) was there? Same deal. Before that, there was, uh, Ogdenville, before that North Haverbrook, and Brockway. Every 15 to 20 years it hits a new town. Dean, this thing is just getting started in Fitzburgh. In all these other places it goes on for months. Dozens of kids before the shtriga, finally moves on. The kids just...languish in comas and then they die." Sam explained and I sighed, continuing the search.

"Ah, I don't know. The earliest mention we could find is this place called Black River Falls back in the 1890s. Talk about a horror show...." Sam said just as I stopped on an old picture.

It was of a bunch of doctors from back in the late 1800's and one of them I recognized.

"Holy crap!" I said, shocked. "(Y/n)? Everything okay?" Sam asked me and I look up at him. "Recognize anyone?" I said as I stepped away from the machine and Sam took my seat then he hands me his phone.
"Hey, Dean." I said. "(Y/n)? What's wrong?" Dean asked just as Sam said. "Whoa!"