You're Already Dead

"Famine?" Dean asked Cas who continues to eat his burger while Sam was in the bathroom. "Yes." Cas said through the mouthful of burgers. "So, what, this whole town is just gonna eat, drink, and screw itself to death?" I asked Cas and he nods. "We should stop it." he said. "Yeah, that's a great idea." Dean said with sarcasm.  "How?" I asked Cas.

"How did you stop the last horseman you met?" Cas asked us. "War got his mojo from this ring. And after we cut it off, he just tucked tail and ran. And everybody that was affected, it was like they woke up out of a dream. You think Famine's got a class ring, too?" Dean said. "I know he does." Castiel said. "Well, okay. L- let's track him down and get to chopping." I said. "Yeah." Cas said then he eyes his empty fast food bag sadly.

"What are you, the Hamburglar?" Dean asked him. "I've developed a taste for ground beef." Cas replied. "Well, have you even tried to stop it?" Dean asked him. "I'm an angel. I can stop anytime I want." Cas said. "Whatever. Sam, (y/n) let's roll." Dean said and I nod, even though I keep feeling this strong urge to eat chocolate. Unfortunately, I ate all of the cookies.

"Dean...I, um...I can't. I can't go." Sam said as he walks out of the bathroom, looking tired. "What do you mean?" Dean asked. "I think it got to me, Dean. I think I'm hungry for it..." Sam said. "Hungry for what?" Dean asked, confused, but my eyes widen in fear. "Demon blood?" I asked and Sam hangs his head. "You got to be kidding me." Dean grumbles then he turns to Castiel.

"You got to get him out of here. You got to beam him to, like, Montana. Anywhere but here." Dean tells her. "It won't work. He's already infected. The hunger is just gonna travel with him. The same goes for (y/n)." Castiel said and I look down.

"Well, then, what do we do?" Dean asked. "You go cut that bastard's finger off." Sam said and Dean stares at him then turns to me and Cas. "You heard him." Dean said and I nod. "But, Dean...before you go, you better...you better lock me down - but good." Sam said.

Minutes later, I cuff Sam to the bathroom sink pipe. "All right, well, just hang in there. We'll be back as soon as we can." I tell him. "Be careful. And...hurry." Sam tells me and I nodded. "We'll do our best." I assure him as I place a hand on his shoulder and give him a reassuring smile.

Dean and I exit the bathroom, and Castiel blocks the bathroom door with a dresser.

"Hey, Marty. Is Dr. Corman around?" Dean asked the secretary as we walked into the hospital and I was eating on a chocolate bar. "You haven't heard?" Marty asked us. "Heard what?" Dean and I asked. "Guy's been dry for the last 20 years, but this morning, he left work, went home, and drank himself to death." Marty said.

"It's Famine." Cas said and I turn to him and shake my head. "Pardon?" Marty asked then Dean turns to him. "Would you give us a minute, please?" Dean asked him. "Sure." said Marty. "Thanks." Dean said and him, Cas and I walk away.

"Crap! I really kind of liked this guy." Dean said. "They haven't harvested his soul yet." Castiel said. "Well, if we want to play follow the soul to get to Famine, our best shot starts with the doc, here." I said and Dean nods.

Later, Dean and I were in the Impala, in front of the hospital, and once again I was eating on some chocolate bar when Dean looks over at me. "You're gonna get a stomach ache, you know that?" He said and I turn to him. "Oh thanks, Dad. I didn't know that." I said, sarcastically. "Look, I've been trying to stop but...." I said when I look at the rear view mirror and see Cas sitting in the backseat with another burger.

"Are you serious?" Dean asked once he noticed Cas' appearance. "These make me...very happy." Cas said. "How many is that?" I asked him. "I lost count. It's in the low hundreds." Cas said then he looks at Dean.