Heart

"Here he is, Detectives." An employee said to me and Sam as she slides the man, Nate's, body from his compartment. Nate had stitches running along his chest, stomach, shoulders, and throat. "That’s a pretty nasty bite." I remarked. "Mm-hmm." The lady said in agreement.

"You know what bit him?" Sam asked her and she events her eyes. "I haven’t quite determined that just yet." She said.  "Come on, Doc. Off the record." I said to her. "Okay, way, way off the record...." she said to us. "Sure." We said.

"If I didn’t know better, I’d say the guy was attacked by a wolf. But unless I know that the zoo is missing one of their lobos, I’m going with pit bull." She said as she eyes us. "I like my job." She said and we chuckle. "Yeah, we hear you." Sam said then I hold up a finger.

"One more thing. This guy –- was his heart missing?" I asked her. "Yeah, how did you know that? I haven’t even finished my report." She said, looking at me. "Lucky guess." I said, shrugging.

"Over the past year, several women have gone missing. Dead bodies all washed up later in the bay, too deteriorated to draw firm conclusions." I explained to Dean as Sam and I get back into the car. "But no hearts?" Dean asked. "No hearts. They were all hookers working Hunter’s Point. Now, cops are trying to keep things under wrap, but they’re looking for a serial killer." Sam said.

"And the lunar cycle?" Dean asked. "Mm-hmm. Yeah, month after month, all the murders happen in the week leading up to the full moon." I said. "Which is this week, right?" Dean said. "Hence the lawyer." Sam said. "Awesome." Dean said, delighted.

"Dean, could you be a bigger geek about this?" I asked him, laughing. "I’m sorry, (y/n), but what about a human by day, a freak animal killing machine by moonlight don’t you understand? I mean, werewolves are badass. We haven’t seen one since we were kids." Dean said. "Okay, Sparky. And you know what? After we kill it, we can go to Disneyland." Sam said with sarcasm and I laugh at this.

"You know what the best part about it is? We already know how to bring these suckers down." Dean said as he holds up a silver bullet. "One of these bad boys right to the heart. So, what’s our next move?" He asked us. "Talk to the girl who found the body." I said.

"I don’t understand. I already gave my statement." The girl, Madison, said to us as we head into her apartment. "Right, well, we just need to verify a few things." Sam said and Madison and we enter her apartment to see a man sitting at the table.

"This is my neighbor, Glen. Glen, this is Detective…" Madison said and Dean picks up. "Landis. And Detective Dante and Detective Romero." He said as he pats me and Sam on the back. Glen, a bearded man wearing a Mission Church T-shirt, stands. "Well, I guess I’ll leave you to it." He said and he starts to leave. "Okay. Thanks for the casserole." She said to Glen.

"Oh, how thoughtful." Dean said. "Just call if you need anything." Glen said and we watch Glen leave. "He’s sweet. He came over to check on me. Have – have a seat." Madison said and we sit down at the kitchen table.

"You must be pretty shaken up. You were Nate Mulligan’s assistant, right?" Sam asked her. "For two years, yeah." She replied. "So, you knew all about him?" I asked her. "Probably knew more about him than he did. Nate was…" she stops and she smiles. "...he was nice."

"But?" Sam asked. "Nothing, really. I – He had a few scotches in him, and he'd started hitting on anyone in a five-mile radius. You know the type." She said while I noticed Dean was practically salivating over her. "Yeah. I do, actually." I said, annoyed and Dean's lecherous grin fades as he hears my tone, and he becomes serious. 

"Did, uh, did he have any enemies?" Dean asked her as I roll my eyes. "What do you mean? It sure looked like an animal attack." Madison said. "No, yeah, we’re just covering all the bases. Anyone that might have had a beef with him – a former client, an ex?" Dean asked and Sam notices her thinking of somebody.