Children Shouldn't Play With Dead Things

"Come on, Sam, I'm begging you. This is stupid." Dean said to Sam as we ride down the two lane road. Dean was driving, as usual, and Sam was in the passenger seat and I was in the back. "Why?" Sam asked him. "Going to visit Mom's grave? She doesn't even have a grave -- there, there was no body left after the fire." Dean groans.

"She has a headstone." Sam said. "Yeah, put up by her uncle, a man we've never even met. So you wanna, go pay your respects to a slab of granite put up by a stranger? Come on." Dean grumbles. "Dean, that's not the point." Sam said to him. "Well then, enlighten me, Sam." Dean challenged 

"It's not about a body, or, or, a casket. It's about her memory, okay? And after Dad it just...just feels like the right thing to do." Sam said. "It's irrational, is what it is." Dean grumbles.

"Look, man. No one asked you to come." Sam yelled. "Why don't we swing by the roadhouse instead? I mean, we haven't heard anything on the demon lately. We should be hunting that son of a bitch down." Dean said. "That's a good idea, you should. Just drop me and Sam off at my safehouse, which isn't far from here. I'll grab my bike and we'll go visit Mary's grave and we'll meet you at the Roadhouse tomorrow." I said and Dean scoffs.

"Right. Stuck...stuck with those people, making awkward small talk until you show up? No thanks." Dean said. "Ah, is someone afraid to make new friends?" I asked in a mimic baby voice. Sam starts to chuckle but Dean ignores me as he continues to look at the road and drive on.

After arriving at the graveyard, Sam was kneeling before a headstone while Dean was wandering around the graveyard. I stood by the car, surveying the grounds, and started thinking that maybe I need to go visit my mother's grave. It's actually not far from Lawrence, she's buried a town over. I haven't been to her grave since I was kid and I begged dad to take me to her grave.

He didn't want to go at first but he realized how important it was to me and we went together to see her grave. After that, I never went back. I'm not sure why, I guess time got away from me and now with me and Sam are a part of some plan that the yellow eyed demon has for us...that has occupied my mind for a long time.

I don't act like it, as I don't want to worry the boys, but I'm scared of whatever this plan that son of a bitch has for me and Sam. 

"Hey." Sam's voice said and I jump, slightly, at this and look oup at him. "You okay?" He asked me. "Yeah, yeah...just...coming here with you guys...it's made me think I should go visit my mom's grave." I said and Sam nods as he stands next to me and leans against the car.

"Have you ever visited it before?" He asked me. "Once. When I was a kid about ten or eleven, dad brought me there. Haven't gone back since then." I said, softly. 

"Sam! (Y/n)!" Dean's voice yells and we look up at him and go to him. Dean then shows us a dying tree and a perfect circle of dead grass surrounding a gravestone. 

Later, Dean takes a card from a man in a suit, then walks over to me and Sam. "Angela Mason. She was a student at the local college; funeral was three days ago." Dean said as we walked together.

"And?" Sam and I asked. "And? You guys saw her grave. Everything dead around it, in perfect circle? You don't think that's a little weird?" Dean asked. "Maybe the groundskeeper went a little agro with the pesticide." Sam said, shrugging. "No, I asked him. No pesticide, no chemicals. Nobody can explain it." Dean said.

"Okay, so what are you thinking?" I asked Dean. "I dunno. Unholy ground, maybe?" He said and Sam scoffs. "What? If something evil happened there, it could easily poison the ground. Remember the, the farm outside of Cedar Rapids?" Dean asked him. "Yeah, b--" Sam started to say but Dean talks over him.