Bloody Mary

"Sam, wake up." I said to Sam, shaking his shoulder, after he fidgets in the passenger seat. I was in the backseat of the Impala since, some miles back, I found one of my dad's safe houses and dropped the bike there and started bumming rides off of Dean and Sam.

Sam wakes up, confused, then sits up, looks around and sees we were in front of a large building. "I take it I was having a nightmare." He said and I nodded. "Yeah, another one." I said, with worry. "Hey, at least I got some sleep." Sam said, in a sarcastic manner, which makes Dean, who was in the driver's seat, sigh. "You know, sooner or later we're gonna have to talk about this." Dean said.

"Are we here?" Sam said, ignoring Dean. "Yup. Welcome to Toledo, Ohio." I said as Sam picks up a newspaper with a man named Steven Shoemaker's obituary circled. "So what do you guys think really happened to this guy?" Sam asked us. "That's what we're gonna find out." Dean said then he starts to get of the car. "Let's go." He said and the three of us get out of the car and head up to the building.

We head into room 144, which is marked the Morgue. Inside, there was two desks, the empty one has a nameplate that says Dr. D. Feiklowicz. The other one has the Morgue Technician. "Hey." The tech said to us. "Hey." Dean said to him.

"Can I help you?" The Technician asked us. "Yeah. We're the med students." I said, quickly. "Sorry?" The Technician asked, confused. "Oh, Doctor Feiklowicz didn't tell you? We talked to him on the phone. We're from Ohio State. He's supposed to show us the Shoemaker corpse. It's for our paper." I said to the Technician. "Well, I'm sorry, he's at lunch." The Technician said.

"Oh well he said, uh—oh, well, you know, it doesn't matter. You don't mind just showing us the body, do you?" Dean asked him. "Sorry, I can't." said the Technician. "Doc will be back in an hour. You can wait for him if you want."

"An hour? Ooh. We gotta be heading back to Columbus by then." I said as I look over at the boys. "Yeah." Sam said as Dean nods but the Technician doesn't move or say anything. "Uh, look, man, this paper's like half our grade, so if you don't mind helping us out—" Dean started to say but the Technician shakes his head. "Uh, look, man...no." he said.

Dean laughs a little then turns around to us. "I'm gonna hit him in his face I swear." He mumbles to us and I slapped his shoulder and Sam hits Dean on the arm. Sam steps in front of js and opens his wallet and pulls out some twenties. He lays a few of them, at least five, down on the Technician's desk. The guy picks up the money. "Follow me." He said and he gets up and leaves.

Dean grabs Sam when we tried to follow. "Dude, I earned that money." Dean grumbles at him and I rolled my eyes. "You won it in a poker game." I said to him and he looks at me. "Yeah." He said, like it was obvious. I shake my head roll my eyes at him then we follow the Technician.

"Now the newspaper said his daughter found him. She said his eyes were bleeding." Sam said as the Technician pulls back the sheet over Steven's face. "More than that. They practically liquefied." The Tech said. "Any sign of a struggle? Maybe somebody did it to him?" Dean asked. "Nope. Besides the daughter, he was all alone." The Tech said.

"What's the official cause of death." I said, curiously. "Ah, Doc's not sure. He's thinking massive stroke, maybe an aneurysm? Something burst up in there, that's for sure." He said. "What do you mean?" Sam asked. "Intense cerebral bleeding. This guy had more blood in his skull than anyone I've ever seen." The Technician said and we looked at him, confused and baffled.

"The eyes were mashed? Ahat would cause something like that?" I asked him. "Capillaries can burst. See a lot of bloodshot eyes with stroke victims." The tech replied. "Yeah? You ever see exploding eyeballs?" Dean asked him. "That's a first for me, but hey, I'm not the doctor." The tech said, shrugging.