Dream A Little Dream Of Me

I walk in a bar and found Sam sitting there, drinking. This took me by surprise as he rarely does this so I walk up to him. "There you are. What are you doing?" I asked him, relieved, as Sam turns to me. "Having a drink." He replied. "It's 2 in the afternoon. Drinking whiskey?" I said.

"I drink whiskey all the time." he grumbles. "No, you don't." I said and he turns to me. "What's the big deal? You and Dean get sloppy in bars, and both of you would hit on people all the time before enough two got together. Why can't I?" Sam snapped and I was taken aback by this.

"What's going on with you?" I asked him, worried, and Sam shakes his head, and doesn't say anything for a few moments. He looks completely lost. "I tried, (y/n)." he mutters and I give him a confused look. "To do what?" I asked him. "To save Dean." He replied and I look down, let out a heavy sigh then take the seat next to him. 

"Could I get a whiskey, double, neat." I said to the bartender and Sam turns to me. "I'm serious, (y/n)." He said. "No, you're drunk." I remarked. "I mean, where Dean's going...what he's gonna become. I can't stop it and neither can you." He said, looking close to tears. "I'm starting to think maybe even Ruby can't stop it. But really, the thing is, no one can save Dean." Sam said and I frown.

"Well, he has been telling us that." I said. "No, that's not what I mean. I mean, no one can save him because he doesn't wanna be saved. I mean, how can Dean care so little about himself." Sam said and I shrug. "I don't know. I wish I knew." I said just as my phone rings.

"Hello?" I answered. "(Y/n), did you find him?" Dean's voice asked. "Yeah, I found him at the bar." I said and Sam looks over at me. "Good, I need you guys to come back now." Dean said, in a panicked voice. "What's wrong?" I asked. "It's Bobby..." he replied and my eyes widen in fear.

Later, we were at the hospital to see Bobby lying in his bed. "So, what's the diagnosis?" Sam asked the doctor. "We've tested everything we can think to test. He seems perfectly healthy." The doctor said. "Except that he's comatose." Dean growls as I give a look of sadness to Bobby.

"Mr. Sniderson, you're his emergency contact. Anything we should know? Any illnesses?" the doctor asked Dean. "No, he-he never gets sick. I mean, he doesn't even catch cold." Dean replied.

"Doctor, is there anything you can do?" I asked the doctor. "Look, I'm sorry, but we don't know what's causing it...so we don't know how to treat it. He just...went to sleep, and didn't wake up." He said and the boys and I share a look and then we look over at Bobby.

We make our way to the motel Bobby was staying at and enter the room. "So, what was Bobby doing in Pittsburgh?" Sam asked. "Unless he's taking an extremely lame vacation..." Dean said as he closes the door and we walk into the center of the room.

"I mean, he must have been working a job, right? They continue to walk around the room." Sam said. "Well, you think there'd be some sort of sign of something, you know?" I said as Sam opens a drawer, but it's empty. Dean and I do the same, and that too is empty. The room looks completely clean.

"Research, news clippings..." I said as Sam turns to the closet. "Or a frigging pizza box or a beer can." Dean said as he walks away from the dresser he was looking in, and Sam walks over to the closet. "How 'bout this?" Sam said and we walk over to him as he moves the clothes out of the way and on the wall behind them hangs all of the news clippings, maps and pictures we were looking for.

There's pictures of roots, mushrooms, seeds and a map where Bobby has written Pittsburgh in big letters and underlined it. There's postists with adresses and numbers. There's a piece of paper about a plant.

"Good old Bobby, always covering up his tracks." Dean chuckles. "You guys make heads or tails of any of this?" Sam asked and Dean takes one of the papers about a plant and reads the title of it. "Silene capensis, which of course means absolutely nothing to me." Dean said and I noticed a newspaper clipping. "Here." I said as I take a newspaper clipping and skim over it.