1

"Ladies and gentlemen, folks and freaks, give a warm welcome for tonight's feature dancer, in her debut at Red, Jazzlyn Starr!" The tall curvaceous and impossibly gorgeous woman acting as the master of ceremonies tonight at Red bellowed out to the crowd. Those gathered for the show, erupted in applause for tonight's feature performer.

Walking onto the stage in nothing save a glittering black panty and matching bustier on eight inch tall lucite platform stilettos. Strawberry blonde hair, curled in tight spirals. Her roots teased with enough hairspray to choke a weaker woman. Her hair was a mane around her face. Full of volume and bounce with every move. A calculated choice on her part to enhance the effect of her dance. 

Cold gray eyes looked at the crowd. She had never performed in a club this exclusive before. Apparently everyone had to be movie star attractive to get through the doors. A softer woman might have felt a moment of intimidation. Not Jazzlyn, as she had billed herself tonight. Jazzlyn was powerful, and energetic. That was her mood tonight.

She was going to make more than a months worth of her day jobs salary in a single night. Plus any tips the patrons wished to bestow upon her. The music for her routine started. It was show time. Starting with an easy backwards walkover. Landing gracefully on her heels in front on the pole anchored to the floor. Perfectly in time for the first drop in the song.

Rolling her head, her mane of hair bouncing wildly around her face as she moved her body to the music. It was almost laughable to her how easy a pole dance routine was compared to a competition on the uneven bars in gymnastics. 

One too many injuries had left her physically unable to continue with the gruelling sport she had loved since she was a child. However after two years working with a very demanding sports physical therapist she was strong enough to occasionally strut her body around a pole on stage. 

Reaching behind and over her head, the dancer moved like she would do a headstand. Instead she gripped the pole, flipping her body upside down in a graceful arc. Doing a perfect split. Holding her body up with her arms and upper body on the pole. Maintaining her body weight up by her arms before an elegant long leg hooked around the pole. As the music finally reached its fever peak. She began to fly around the pole. The crowd had grown larger since she began. Captivated by her routine, lured in like sailors to a siren.

From a private booth in the VIP section, a wolf shifter was sat, trying to pay attention to his Alpha and the meeting that was happening at the table. The owner of Red and his wife were interested in expanding their business and had flown Bryan down to show him the kind of establishment they wanted to open in his territory. 

Max was doing his best to be a good Beta to his Alpha. Damon Black had inherited an enormous fortune and international businesses from his father. Having connections to someone with as much power and influence as Damon Black could do amazing things for the pack. This was an opportunity too important to mess up.

Something had his wolf on edge, prowling around in his mind. Max couldn't figure out what had set his wolf off. The normally placid animal had never seemed so strong in his head. Damon had already outlined all the enhanced security features his club employed to ensure a seamless, violence free experience for patrons of all species. 

There had literally never been any violence inside the club. There was no threat here. There were vampires, demons and creatures of all kinds. Max knew none intended harm in these walls. This was a business of pleasure. 

Max scanned the room, landing on the dancer on the stage far to his left. His wolf howled in his head. The urge to go to the woman flying at high-speed around the pole was overwhelming. She was barely dressed and everyone was looking at her body. His clothes felt too tight, his skin itched with the urge to shift into his wolf. 

Bryan elbowed his life long best friend Hard in the ribs, getting his attention. "Bro, you ok?" He mindlinked to Max.

Max shook his head, his ashy blond hair was too long, shaggy strands landing his eyes. Max smoothed his hair back with his hand. "My mate is the dancer, I gotta go." Max mindlinked back. "I'm sorry, I uhh, I gotta go. Excuse me." Max managed to stammer out. Leaving Bryan to handle the meeting alone as Max left the table abruptly. His eyes never leaving the dancer on stage. Growling at all the hungry eyes on her body as she gyrated her hips while strutting around the pole.

Max had to struggle through the crowd that had pressed close to the stage. No one was overly willing to let the taller than average human but small for a wolf shifter get ahead of them, lest he block their view of the incredible performance on stage. 

By the time Max was close enough to the stage, her routine was over. With a final bow, her full scent hit him, his wolf pressing forward, needing to chase down their mate. Instead, a wall of dragons acting as bodyguards formed an impenetrable line as she escaped through the backstage door. 

Max had never felt like this before. Like his wolf wanted to wrench control from him, to run after and hunt down their mate. He was nearly snarling when he felt a small hand press against his back. Turning around he saw Damon Black's wife, Laurel,  looking at him with her impossibly bright green eyes. "She has already gone Max." the woman said while all the dragon shifters nearby shuffled on their feet. Clearly on edge about their employer's wife being so close to a nearly feral wolf. 

Max's eyes went wide with panic as he registered what the small human woman said to him. Seemingly unbothered by Max being on the verge of shifting, his eyes flashing between his own and his wolf. Max went to speak, his voice cracking as he wrenched more control back from the wolf inside him. "Where did she go? I have to find her." His wolf was whining in his head now. An endless mournful sound.

"I have no idea, Olympic Performance called several months ago to set up her show, refused our offer to give the athlete a hotel suite, and refused our car service. I'm not even sure what her real name is Max." A tall man, who was even larger than Max himself was, came up behind Damon's wife. His long white hair tied in a high tail on his head. Max was caught off guard as the stranger leaned down to kiss another man's wife. Passionately.

"Is this wolf giving you trouble my love?" The enormous wolf shifter sweetly whispered into Laurel's ear. She smiled, leaning up to look at the white haired man and his striking violet eyes. Revealing the unassuming woman had two claiming marks on her throat, as well as the scent of magic and a dragon around her. Max was shamed he didn't notice any of this earlier. He was truly failing at being a Beta tonight.

"No Sky, no problems." She nearly melted into his side, Sky's arm around her, holding her close. "Fate does as it will, Max. I wish you luck, that's all I can offer you." She said sadly. Bryan coming up behind her, Damon on his heels. 

Damon came up, kissing both his wife and the man she was snuggled against, before handing Max a small card, an elegant hand had written a small note. "She set up the performance and payment through this company. It's not a lot but if the goddess wants you to be together it should be more than enough." Damon looked at his partners with a hungry gaze. "Now, if you and your Alpha will excuse me, I have some pressing business to attend to." A nearly evil smirk grew on his lips. The three nearly skipping as they made their way to the private area of the bar. Patrons parting before them like the Red Sea before Moses.

"Damon was impressed you kept your wolf in line after scenting your mate. We'll find her Maxxie." Bryan said with confidence that didn't match the expression in his eyes.

*Hello readers! welcome to my newest book. its ummmm smut. This one is smut, with a heart and I like*