16

Hannah was the last of the flight crew to arrive. Earning her glares from her co-workers today. This was a run she didn't work very often, she wasn't on friendly terms with any of the regular staff. Which might be a good thing, her head was tangled and muddled, she wasn't up for trying to make small talk today. 

Before the first flight had left the ground Hannah remembered why she didn't pick up this shift unless she had to. Hannah had a day of short flights from various cities all heading to a vacation hub in Florida. A day of dealing with people excited to get to their destinations and already living like they were on holidays.

It was a nightmare day, short flights, multiple landings and take offs. The cabin constantly full to capacity of families travelling with young children for the first time. Young adults going on a break from school or their jobs. Without fail someone got too drunk on every flight and security had to escort them off the plane at the airport. Newly weds and about to be newly weds who came with their own challenges. On the last flight into Florida Hannah had a jealous bride throw an entire glass of water all over Hannah for "Flirting with her man." When Hannah had brought over an extra pack of cookies, that he had asked for.

Hannah was drenched, her makeup running, and her hair frazzled. Looking in shock, mouth open at the bride to be who was supposed to get married the next afternoon. An air Marshall was onboard. Immediately coming and arresting the bride for assault. As the bride blubbered that she can't be arrested the day before her wedding, the Air Marshall let her know she might not even be done booking before her ceremony.

Hannah was glad the law enforcement officer was on the flight, as Hannah was about to react with anger at the vicious bride to be and yell in her face that Hannah had less than zero interest in her balding, spineless weasel fiance. Not when Hannah had three perfect looking guys all telling her she was their soulmate. So earnest they all had been, and those kisses. Hannah thought she might really believe them. 

Screaming at a passenger about her brand new poly relationship would have probably been enough to fire her, thanks to a pretty tight morality clause in her contract. Really the performances she did were also probably enough to get her fired. As good as her performance business did, Hannah had already learned once that it would just take a single injury. One bad landing in her routine to knock her out of that source of revenue, probably forever if she got injured again. Flight attendant wasn't glamorous but it was honest and reliable work that let her travel. She needed this job. The stability it gave her life.

Hannah specifically avoided thinking too deeply about her finances or her business and focused on trying to tidy herself up in the small staff area slash kitchen at the back of the plane. None of the other flight crew offered to help her in any way, nor did they at least check in on the passengers in her section hitting their call buttons. Sisterhood of support wasn't part of the culture with this group of attendants.

Hannah kept feeling their eyes on her as she did her best to be as quick as she could getting herself cleaned up as the call buttons kept ringing. Hannah made eye contact with the senior flight crew, catching him looking at her like she smelled bad and he could smell her across the full plane. Actually, all the other flight crew seemed to be giving her more pointed and unfriendly looks.

Confused over the severe catty nature of her co-workers today. Hannah just did her job as well as she could. Once the plane landed, Hannah ducked out right after the last passenger, taking her suitcase and swiftly changing out of her still damp uniform and into her back up. Doing her hair and makeup in a minute, Hannah was back at work before the plane had finished being prepped for the new passengers.

The other flight attendants were all bunched together gossiping, all turning, gushing their gossip as Hannah finished her tasks as the new passengers were sent down the ramp to the plane. The other crew dispersed to their own sections of the plane to assist passengers.

Thankfully, the passengers heading from Florida to New York were more subdued than their earlier counterparts. The flight was nearly dull. Which was a good thing. Hannah was exhausted from her whirlwind weekend. The only keeping her on her feet and smiling was wondering what kind of a date she would go on with three different men at the same time.

The flight was nearly over. Hannah was strapped into a fold down crew seat at the back of the plane. One of the other attendants beside her. Hannah was smiling, a hand over her heart near the bite on her breast from Caspian. He felt closer when she touched the marked skin. She really was looking forward to being with him, and Holland and Max again.

As the plane touched down, the other flight attendant jumped from her seat as fast as possible. Like being near Hannah had been offensive to her person. The other flight attendant turned and sneered at Hannah, a voice full of malice. "You won't be smiling for long slut." Leaving Hannah stunned and speechless.

Hannah vowed she wouldn't ever fly this track again. Today had been rough from start to finish. As she watched the last passengers disembark. Leaving the plane empty. Hannah was quick and through as she worked through her tasks. Finally grabbing her suitcase and disembarking herself. The only good thing she could say about work today, was that it was over.