2

In a private car, heels kicked off. Feet tucked up underneath her. The pole dancer used a makeup removing wipe to start peeling the layers of stage makeup from her face. Then a second wipe, followed by a third until most of the glitter and makeup seemed to have been wiped away. Her face felt tight and dry. Watching the city lights pass by the window on her way back to the hotel by the airport.

The driver dropped her off outside the hotel used by flight crew and other people who chose to be as close to the active air strip as possible. She moved to ensure her overcoat was securely closed. Slipped on the tiny flats she had in her bag and tucked the stripper heels back into her small carry-on suitcase. Gathering and twisting her hair into as tight a bun as she could manage. Hannah tipped her driver, thanking him for the ride. Swiftly heading to the elevators, and up to her room for the evening.

While riding the elevator up to her floor, there was a ding from her cell phone. She dug it out and saw payment for her performance plus tips had been deposited into her company account Olympic Performance. Payment was even better than she had dared hope. She still had two more shows booked this weekend. Hannah was nearly giddy as she entered her private hotel room, immediately starting to fill the bathtub with the hottest water she could stand. Dropping in one of the bath bombs she had packed as she stripped out of her clothes and sank into the steaming water. The water foamed as a light citrus smell bloomed in her nose as the bath bomb dissolved in the hot water.

Her muscles were tired, She had been showy this evening. Trying to show off every single one of her most impressive moves. Instead of omitting a few of the choreography steps to give herself extra breathers like she did when she was doing practice routines. She knew it was going to make the flight tomorrow feel extra long and she would probably put on a less impressive show tomorrow night at the next club. Thankfully they had booked a different performance.

As Hannah sank low into the water, a soft moan escaped her lips. Club red was exclusive, and paid for premium. She had wanted to make a good impression on the owner and clientele. Olympic Performance relied on word of mouth confirming the booking fee was worth the show.  Single routines could be booked starting in three minute intervals. Up to fifteen minutes of single dances could be booked. In her lowest tiered service; half of tonight's stunts were not performed at the lowest level. If you wanted quality talent of the highest calibre, you had better also be willing to pay for it. 

Simple club performances mixed in with other girls in a night were some of the easiest nights. She got to take breaks, and barely flexed her skills.  Always finishing with one of her signature moves though. Just so everyone knew she could do more. Word of mouth was good for Olympic Performance. 

Hannah had a plan, she would keep up her day job, she was good at it. The benefits package was okay. She could advance through the company. There were options beyond flight attendant. A few overtime performance weekends in cities she was already going to be spending a night was hard to pass up. She was glad her union provided schedules months in advance. Every three months there were offers for covering vacations, or providing coverage during peak seasons. Routes she rarely worked due to her contract. Covering vacations and busy seasons put her in new cities on a regular basis. 

Hannah had learned to play the system to be where she needed to be to be able to perform in a new city, under a new name, under the same company. A solid reputation built, without any single reputation on the line. Even her clause that while she would be dressed "appropriate to mood and tone of the booking establishment" Her tits and bits would be remain covered. Only one club had given Hannah trouble for not taking her tits out during her routine. If all you wanted was a naked girl Olympic Performance was not the right talent for you.

It was a real company.  All the fees required to be registered as a real company, all the filings, everything had been done by the books. Well at first, then things might have gotten a little off book. There were just two real-life employees, though several others were listed with the company records, and paid accordingly to their positions. Those were her secret. A way to channel money from her performances where she needed it to several secret savings accounts, all with their own investment profiles. While also ensuring her business had enough ghost employees to qualify to offer company funded insurance, with excellent coverage, and almost no fees for the employees. Her and her dad, being the only employees to benefit. Hannah did all the work on her own. Circle the country, or the globe for her day job. Book shows periodically for Olympic Performance. Perform. Get paid. Fly on and repeat. Over and over.

Keep working, pay the bills. Make the money work. Was her mantra. She had devoted herself, her entire life to a sport that had abandoned her when she had literally broken her body to be the best she could be. Pole dancing paid much better than her gymnastics career had ever paid. Her parents had worked themselves into the ground to pay for the gym and performance fees required to keep Hannah in the sport she loved. Hannah had cleaned people's homes in her community to make money to pay for the last competition leotard she had worn.

When she was too injured to stay in competition shape. Had to take two years recovery in rehab her entire career had ended. There were no offers, no teams or gyms that wanted her. No sponsors. Nothing. Not even as a coach or instructor. Hannah was more tense than she hoped to be after her bath. She had spent too much time focusing on the past when she should be looking forward. She looked at the clock, it wasn't that late just yet. She could perhaps find someone to help her relax before she went to bed at one of the airport bars.

Quickly braiding and pinning her damp hair in a knot at the nape of her neck, putting on a bit of mascara and lipstick. She got dressed in a casual but well fitted black knit dress and comfortable low boots. She put on the tortoise shell wide glasses that were only for looks, and headed into the relatively unfamiliar airport. She was ready to hunt.