82

Hannah had seen several other flight attendants get engaged, plan out weddings and most actually did get married. The process usually took at minimum an entire year most of the time. One girl had met someone between shifts and was gone the next day to get married. Hannah found herself thinking about Abigail and how screwed the rest of the flight crew had been for the rest of the rotation when she quit on the spot to follow her true love. While Clara laced Hannah into another gown that Hannah already knew wasn't going to be right, maybe Abigail had found a shifter soul mate like Hannah had. If Abigail was lucky, maybe she had found two. Hannah smiled and hoped that wherever Abigail was, she was happy.

Hannah could hear Judy and Aspen talking softly in the next room. Judy had a fondness for teas and herbs. Enjoyed gardening. Her and Aspen were doing their best to be more than just polite while still in the role of guard and guarded in between Hannah coming out to reveal another dress that wasn't what she wanted. She kept trying to describe the feeling she wanted. Hannah hadn't ever been interested in fashion. Gym clothes, performance costumes, lounge wear, and last her flight attendant uniform were all the clothes Hannah had ever known. She had always just gone to a mall, any mall a few times a year and picked up new date night clothes in case she ever decided to go out.

She didn't ever think about getting married. Hadn't ever gone to any dances or proms. She had no idea what words to use to describe the kind of dress she thought she might want to wear to as close to a wedding as she planned to get. She already knew Aspen, Max, Holland and Caspian were committed to her. She felt it in her heart. This was going to be a show for other people; this performance was one she was going to do as herself. She just didn't know how to explain herself and what she wanted.

"I just want to be comfortable and feel like me." Hannah despaired, returning to the dressing room after just one turn out for Judy and Aspen. Cara was there, but wasn't even looking up anymore.

"Close your eyes, spin in a circle and turn around once for each mate and pick a dress with your eyes still closed." Clara said. Fully serious. Hannah waited for the punchline, or a smile or a hint that Clara wasn't truly intended for Hannah to play a round of pin the hand on the dress like a toddler party game. "Don't look at me like that, you are human and have managed to catch two wolves, a dragon and fairy. Trusting fate or chance isn't a worse idea than me continuing to try and turn your fashion charades and feelings into a gown." Clara said.

Hannah grimaced, she wasn't the only one reaching their limit of patience it seemed. "Point made." Hannah dutifully closed her eyes. Spinning once for Caspian, who had her attention long before she had ordered her glass of wine at the bar. Spinning once for Holland, her body so attracted to him her hands had locked them in the public gym together before her brain had realised what she had done. Again spinning, and feeling dizzy for Max. The one who understood where her mind was better than anyone else, her peer and equal, someone she was going to finish growing up with, grow old together, along with Aspen. A final spin. Hannah knew something in her had changed when she had bonded Aspen, they were bound together in a way that was different from dragon and wolf bonds.

Without opening her eyes, Hannah stumbled a few steps, feeling a wall. She took a few more. Her hand touching hangers, and plastic as she went. Finally stopping. Hand on a hanger. "This one." Hannah announced.

Clara was there in an instant, checking the tag, and smiling. "A very interesting choice." She unzipped the bag, and Hannah finally had a good feeling about a dress. Touching the soft fabric, and nodding to Clara to help her try it on.

Hours later, an entire evening of mating ceremony, cocktails, dinner, and reception had been planned start to finish. No detail ignored, everything had been planned in a single, marathon session. Caspian and Holland needed to get measured for their suits. Max was already in the books, Aspen had been measured while Hannah and Cara worked out some preliminary details. Cara had said good bye and left the moment the last detail was decided. Heading back to Bryan and the main pack house.

It was too late for normal dinner when they had finished their planning. Judy invited Aspen and Hannah into her home. Opening up her kitchen for them to prepare a meal. Hannah and Aspen accepted her offer of hospitality. Hannah sent a text to Caspian, letting him know they had finally finished and were heading back to Judy's.

Once at Judy's home, Hannah found some fresh baby greens and herbs int he fridge, a can of white beans and a very fresh looking loaf of bread. With Aspen's help, the beans, herbs and some spices became a nice spread for toast, along with the baby greens and some grapes and cheese served on the side.

Hannah didn't cook very much, she liked simple meals when she was alone. She was glad Aspen also seemed to enjoy the lighter fair they had brought together in an unfamiliar kitchen. Hannah wasn't going to be able to continue to eat the same as wolves and dragons at every meal. She was going to need breaks from eating that much food and meat.

Judy had reheated a left over portion of stew from her freezer and was happily enjoying some of the toasted bread with butter with her meal along side Hannah and Aspen. Hannah's phone buzzed once on the table. Flashing briefly to show the message that Caspian was on his way over. Before Hannah's phone blinked and went dark. The power was drained again. "Caspian is on the way" Hannah told Aspen and Judy.

Judy smiled. "He is a good man." Judy admitted out loud. Then retreated back to being quiet and tense.

Hannah was pleasantly surprised by Judy. Hannah knew Judy was practically dying to learn more about Colton, to have a chance to meet him, instead of pushing or asking Hannah anything, she had kept her desires to herself, and had focused on Hannah and the mating ceremony planning all afternoon. 

Hannah decided to be honest with Judy since Aspen was here, and Caspian was nearby. In case what Hannah said was too much for Judy to stand. "Judy," Hannah started, Judy turned to look, sensing that Hannah was finally going to talk about her father with Judy was at full attention. "I asked the medical team to try and do a competency assessment of my father Judy. If they clear him, I will introduce you two. If he isn't." Hannah paused, her own anxiety catching up to her "Isn't himself then we are going to need to talk more about what to do next." Judy was frozen still in place. Looking at Hannah with her eyes wide open.

Only a second had passed before Judy flashed a wide smile. "That is very reasonable." Her eyes flashed towards Aspen. Who looked very content at the moment eating another slice of toast. Only another breath later and there was a knock before Caspian strode in through the open door. Gazing on a very nearly relaxed family dinner around the table. Max stumbled in the door a second behind Caspian. Out of breath as though Max had pushed his body too hard on the way over.