94

Max and Holland were waiting at the arbour that had been set up for the ceremony. Heavily layered in florals and greenery. Cara was in her element, an army of workers at her mercy and whims. Holland had to admit, The Luna was damn good at organizing parties in a hurry. Rude and young as she was right now, she wasn't hopeless. Holland was going to just keep believing in the Goddess, that she got it right with Bryan and Cara just like she got it right for Holland with Max and Hannah.

Max was nervous. He wasn't ever the center of attention in a crowd, but today the entire pack had shown up for him. At first it had been easy to swiftly get each guest to their respective tables, seated by the gaggle of ushers Cara had rounded up. She had trained each of her party minions to follow her plan to the letter. Then, they were caught off guard, needing to organize Holland's family who were invited at large. While also scrambling to swiftly accommodate the dragons and members of Magnus's household as they too began to arrive on the outskirts of the pack land border following decorum to the letter.

Which at least gave Cara precious minutes to get the room set for more people in a hurry. She wasn't going to be the reason any Dragon took offence at her event.  Especially not when the human girl had managed to somehow resist the dragon's thrall and aura. Standing up to two dragons like they were human. If Cara as wolf hadn't seen it with her own eyes, she wouldn't believe the rumours around the pack. Shaking her head to focus on the task at hand that was crumbling around her as too many guests arrived.  They were going to need more food.  

Cara was stressed and her army of organisers, were now over worked under the exacting watch of Cara. Tables with everything needed had just been set when Celestia in her human form; As human as she liked to be these days at least. Recently favouring skin that was more than just slightly too pink, and an intricately shaped crest on her head instead of hair.

Nile and his wife. Caspian's brother, were also sat with Celestia. Neither looking overly thrilled with each other's presence. Nile's marriage was certainly not a happy one. A renewed commitment between the New world, and European flocks. Caspian would accept this polite delegation from his father happily. Nile was much better behaved when his wife was nearby, though neither ever enjoyed such outings very much.

Caspian himself was excited. He enjoyed the pageantry and ceremony of the wolf mating ceremonies. Enjoyed hearing how the myth or vows altered from pack to pack. Plus there was the delightful gossip that was about to be set free. There was another stir in the crowd, as Judy pushed Colton in a wheelchair up the center aisle. To the table waiting at the front with Caspian and Aspen. A claiming mark fresh and clear on Colton's throat. This was their public reveal to the pack that the rumors were actually true. Judy had a second chance mate, and it was Hannah's father.

The local wolves were now more excited. After years of placid quiet living. Things were exciting lately, and the sleepy pack was discovering they liked the change. If no other reason right now than they now knew there surely had to be another evening of mirthful celebrating in the moonlight in the near future. Not too mention the gossiping that could happen now. The Chisholm siblings had each brought cousins and other relations as guests unannounced. Which at best only doubled the chances of trouble as far as Holland was concerned. Truth was they multiplied trouble at logarithmic scale instead.

Holland reached to hold Max's hand as the elder of the pack made his slow way up to the arbor as the sun began to sink on the horizon. Coloring the sky tangerine and pink as slow clouds puffed by on soft breezes. The area growing quiet in anticipation. A harp began to play as Hannah emerged from the pack house, walking through the garden up to the terrace.

She had picked a soft, comfortable silken jersey dress with long sleeves and a high neck line. Fitted down her upper body until her thighs before gently flaring out towards the ground. Walking barefoot, wearing no jewels, Hannah walked towards Holland and Max. A little surprised by the high number of guests. The more the merrier she thought as she kept walking, everyone rising to look at her as she made her entrance.

Caspian had performed magic with her hair. It was an intricate cascading sculpture more fit for an animated princess or a an ancient Grecian statue of a goddess. Thin tendrils of ivy and baby's breath woven into her naturally strawberry blonde hair. The red tones in her hair showing especially strong in the light of sunset. While the dress was demure in the front, the back was nearly entirely open, a soft cowl hem just at Hannah's lower back, showing off her athletic body while her hair fell like an artful waterfall down her exposed back.

"She's beautiful." Max whispered to Holland, who was himself left speechless. Caspian and Aspen had more than outdone any enchantment this afternoon when they transformed Hannah into the perfect vision of Selene in Holland's mind. One with the sky, and forest, lover of wolves. Hannah was everything Holland had ever dreamed of as the happiest tears of his entire life fell down his cheeks. His moma Hattie watching her sweetest baby be so in love was enough to have her crying her own happy tears from her table.

Hannah handed her small bouquet of lilacs to her father, kissing him on the cheek before taking her place at the arbour with Max wearing a beautiful grey suit with a soft pink tie and deep blue shirt. Holland beside him, wearing a sharp blue suit, light grey shirt and a pink bowtie. Hannah hadn't ever really sure she wanted a wedding, she would someday secretly tell someone she had loved walking down the aisle to two men she knew she loved and who adored her, just to see Holland and Max's faces when it all became truly real to them.

Hannah went to Max and Holland, wiping tears from Holland's cheeks as he just looked at her smiling. Max took Hannah's other hand, "I don't know what's wrong with me." Holland tried to whisper under his breath. He wasn't as quiet as he hoped he was.

Hannah leaned up on her tip toes, never letting go of Max's hand, as she held Holland's now as well. Whispering just loud enough for only Holland and Max to hear what she said in the wide open space, Holland took a deep breath and steadied himself. He hadn't expected to be this emotional.

With Holland barely holding himself together now, Elder Arthur Welcomed everyone to the Mating Ceremony of the Golden Green Beta, Followed by a lengthy history of the pack, a prayer to Selene. The elder did a perfunctory pledging of loyalty and love between Holland and Max before turning his attention to Hannah.

"She comes, barefoot, bereft of tools or jewels, to serve the wolves that revere the moon. Do you Max, Beta of Golden Green, accept Hannah, the human as your bonded mate, and to raise all children in the ways of the faith of Selene?" Elder Arthur recited from memory, smiling at the end.

"She does not." Hannah said. Nah huh. No way. Absolutely not. These were not her wedding vows. She wasn't going to ever let anyone treat her like property or small.

Elder Aurther was sputtering at this point. Colton was laughing as Judy tried to quiet him. Celestria and Nile were finally interested. Ella was just happy to be in a room without violence. Only normal mostly happy people having fun. Holland's family were here for a good time, and so far even if not a single one found their mates tonight, the evening had at least been interesting.

Max's pack were almost equally split between aghast at the blasphemy that was happening, the others more intrigued to see where Hannah went with this. Some, daring to envy the bravery of Max's human mate. Hannah looked at Holland and Max, "She comes, willingly forgoing weapons and jewels, offering loyalty, love, and care to join as mate with Max, Beta of Golden Green, and Holland his mate. I am theirs, and they are mine." Hannah said loudly enough for everyone to hear, perhaps possibly helped as Ella or maybe Caspian wove a spell to amplify Hannah's voice.

"She is ours, and we are hers." Holland and Max repeated back to Hannah, all linked in a circle holding hands. 

Elder Arthur managed to pull himself together enough to proclaim them mated under the light of the moon. He sputtered, not knowing if he should instruct them to mark Hannah now as was tradition. Saved instead when Holland and Max both kissed Hannah together. Sealing their mating ceremony. Bryan rang the gong with a heavy hand to stop the three way kiss from getting more carried away than it already had.