22

The next morning Hannah woke up with a start. Heart racing, blood running cold with real fear. Her nightmare of being fired had played out one last time. She sat up in bed. Knocking Max in the face with her fist. As she gasped, everyone flew like pin balls. Max was completely unprepared for Hannah to strike him. He jumped back. Holland who had only a moment ago had his arm draped over Max.   

Holland's hand and arm shot up as Max suddenly nearly leapt from the bed. Holland's fist flying up as Caspian woke up, almost catching the dragon in the face by accident as he finished falling out of the bed.

"Hannah!" Max yelled, thinking something had attacked them all in bed. "Are you ok?" He was frantic, jumping up to stand on the mattress, his morning wood standing at full attention, tenting his loose boxers. Caspian was naked as the blankets fell from the bed. Holland may as well been naked, he was wearing the smallest little man panties Hannah had ever seen. They looked like they might be made of satin. He hadn't worn any underwear under his gym clothes she remembered with a sweet blush. that quickly shifted into less sweet thoughts, how good it had felt when Holland took total control over her body and pleasure.

Shaking her head and trying to focus. She had woken up scared, but once she knew she was in bed with Caspian, Holland, and Max, she had almost instantly relaxed. Just not quite fast enough to have stopped her fist from waking everyone up with accidental violence. "Sorry, I wasn't sure where I was when I woke up." Hannah looked around the room, at the heavy brocade fabric and mountain of pillows tossed in the corner. "Actually, I still don't know where I am?" She asked. Hannah had never felt more rested, or pleasantly content with her life than she did when she realised she had spent the night with all the three men. Happily sharing a bed.

Holland was the one who answered her, "My sweet baby girl, we are visiting my sister's home. And I regret to let you know that way too many of my family are going to have breakfast with us." Holland tried to be gentle.

"And it looks like a nursing home from the 80's came back to haunt us here because....?" Hannah trailed off waiting for some kind of answer.

"Because my sister Paris has a bad sense of humour." Holland groaned.

Hannah looked at Holland, really considered him. "You have a big family don't you?" She asked. Her eyes narrowed. studying him closely.  There were still a lot of things she didn't know about the men she was with. They might make her heart happy, but she didn't know them yet.

Holland, looked nearly bashful while still strong, speaking a little quicker than usual, "Two moms, three dads and sixteen brothers and sisters." Holland admitted to Hannah. Watching her eyes bug out of her head for a moment. She had known a couple large families growing up, been envious of having enough family to pick favourite siblings. Hannah's parents had both been only children as well. Hannah didn't even have any cousins to help expand her family base. She had started with her mom and dad, two grandmothers and one grandfather. Then just two grandmothers. Her family whittled down until it was just her and her dad left.

Hannah thought she wanted a big family, there were limits though. "We are not having that many kids." She announced, looking at Caspian and Max. "I'm an only child, I always wondered what it would be like growing up in a big family." Hannah sounded shy, unaccustomed to admitting she wanted something to anyone anymore. Too used to just taking care of herself, just getting by.

Max took her hand in his. comforting her instantly when she started to get worried again. "I'm an only child too." Max offered, everyone finally getting a real chance to share their past. Their history with each other. All together. Safety tucked into the bed, just like they always should be. Hannah touched her throat, where Max had marked her. She could feel him. Feel his heart in her own heart. Could feel Caspian and his endless desire, feel Holland and his lust paired with a longing for his family to love her, To love Hannah like Holland loved her. To welcome her into the family.

Hannah looked around the bed, seeing Holland, Max and Caspian all spooning and cuddled close around her." Her eyes telling so much more than her words were right now. "Holland your family, they are ok with..." Hannah struggled to even articulate what her heart was telling her was right, what was true, what was real.

"Baby girl, I grew up with two moms and three dads. This is normal for us." Holland finally told Hannah. No more secrets. Now was the time to get everything in the open, before the very public breakfast in less than an hour.

"I don't know if I'm meet the family ready." Everything was happening so quick. Hannah had tried to demure, she felt rushed. It was far too late for that. Holland's family was already gathering, more than eager to meet the new member in their ranks.

Holland shook his head. "My family knows I have claimed my mate. They are already here. Ready and waiting. Plus Paris would have told them everything she knows. We might as well get the meeting over with." Hannah eyed Holland. He was holding something back. 

She turned to Caspian. "Tell me about your family." Her grey eyes were a maelstrom as she stared down the dragon. "Max is an only child, he is second in command of the wolf-circle, his best friend is at the top, we are going to live there. Holland has enough family to start a village, I have my dad, no job, one apartment, end of list." Hannah's righteous fire started to ebb, worry creeping in as she was left wondering what could be so bad that he wouldn't tell her. 

Unable to deny her anything, Caspian revealed his own secrets. "My father is someone with a dynasty to uphold, he has five trueborn children, with three of his seven wives, and two bastard daughters and me. He had aspirations for me to make an alliance for power or politics. I hadn't ever found a true mate, or gone against my father. I entertained his aspirations for more alliances and power." Caspian spooned himself around Hannah on the bed. Head on her lap, looking up at her adoringly. "Then you found me." She couldn't help but smile back. He was beautiful like Greek sculpture, and he looked at her like she brought the sunrise each morning. 

"So your dad is like European monarchy before the Protestant Reformation?" She asked, because monarchy were usually the only people who really gave a shit about trueborn children or not. Caspian nodded, his finger tracing patterns on Hannah's thigh. "You can tell us." Hannah prodded, knowing he was holding back. 

"My  father is not happy that I have deviated from his plans." Holland and Max had rejoined Hannah and Caspian in the bed. 

"He's a shit old man anyways." Holland said, apologetically. Caspian shrugged, he did not disagree. 

"He cut me off when I told him, I am no longer linked to the flock. By custom I am free. A fact that is only going to further enrage my father when he cools down and realises he has discarded a tool he could have used in a fit of rage." Caspian smiled up at Hannah. "That is more than enough talk of my father. We have far more important things to discuss." He crooned at her. Holland, Caspian and Max all reacting as Hannah grew aroused.

"He is right." Max finally spoke. "We need to to start to plan our future together." He said, catching Hannah unprepared.