45

Movie almost entirely ignored now, Aspen and Caspian instead took the quiet moment to start to enlighten Hannah about wolf culture, dragon factions, Fae, Vampires, and other creatures humans weren’t supposed to know about. “There has to be a book or something for all this.” Hannah grumbled as her head spun from information overload. 

Max and Holland returned at the same time the shower had started running as Aspen slipped away to enjoy a hot shower for the first time in far too long. Aspen wasn’t eager to wash the smell of Hannah from his skin, he did want to make a good impression on the wolves he would be living near tonight. 

Hannah took her luggage and went to the bedroom to change into jeans and a nicer top from her bag, even going as far to put on some makeup. She was so focused on getting her mascara on that she didn’t notice Caspian was lurking in the doorway, watching her as she worked until she caught his reflection in the mirror. She had been thinking over things ever since Caspian and Aspen had told her more about everything humans weren't supposed to know. 

Even though her own life experience was telling her to always be on edge. Be ready to take care of herself. She didn’t want to, not anymore. She was going to let herself fall headlessly, heedlessly, recklessly in love. “I’m going to need to give notice on my apartment, and pack it up sometime soon. I don’t want to keep paying rent on a place I wont be using.” Empty apartments were expensive to keep. She needed to make the money she had last. Just in case. While also taking another leap. Closing the door on one of her exit options, because she didn’t think she would need to run away from this relationship. 

“Even if you did run, we’d come looking, you know.” Caspian purred. “Only to make sure you were safe and happy. That is truly all we want. All I want.” His Dragon making his voice rumble. He would certainly not mind a little hunt through the woods after his mate as a fun game if Hannah wanted to play sometime.

“Did you read my thoughts?” She accused him, watching him shrug his shoulders and look apologetic for a moment. He couldn’t help his nature anymore than anyone else. 

“I try not to, the dragon listens more but doesn’t always share.” Dragons were much harder for Hannah to understand. Wolves she was almost starting to get her mind wrapped around. Fae, and witches seemed to mostly resemble their fairytale counterparts. Vampires were more complicated than twilight or Trueblood had let her believe. There was nothing like dragons.

“I wasn’t planning to give up my apartment at first.” Hannah confessed, suspecting that Caspian already knew that. Confirmed when he nodded. Smiling just a little as Hannah started to let herself give into the mate bonds. “Standing up to your dad, protecting Aspen, knowing you and Holland and Max were on the way to help. Making sure I knew my father would be well taken care of, everything today, has made this all more real. I don't understand it, but- um-.” Caspian nearly grinning now while trying to restrain himself. “This is all still way too quick, but I think I like it.” Hannah got up from the small vanity desk in the room that didn’t seem like it had gotten much use judging by the thin layer of dust Hannah had swept off before she started to get ready.

Looking radiant, her strawberry blonde hair had been brushed smooth, her makeup was subtle, just enough to highlight and enhance her own natural beauty, dressed in a loose floral patterned peasant blouse with a low off the shoulder neck line and jeans that fit her full round ass like a second skin Hannah looked radiant and happy. As she moved to Caspian. Kissing his lips gently as she whispered thank you.

“For what princess?” He asked. Slightly confused by her thank you.

“For everything, for being you.” She smiled as she headed back towards Holland and Max, who were now also dressed in jeans and shirts. Caspian still as always the most formally dressed of all of them.  Aspen was wearing clothes Max had brought. A plain sweater and draw string sweatpants. They were too large on him, but they were clean. They were going to have to take him shopping soon to get him his own wardrobe, and anything else he needed. 

Everyone was ready, and just in time, the hour for dinner had arrived, and it was time for the newly formed Beta family to make their grand entrance and introduction to the pack ahead of their formal mating ceremony that was already being planned by Judy, Bryan’s mate, and Bryan’s mother. It was a significant pack event, which meant it wasn’t going to be the most personal ceremony. Everyone had at least promised Max that Hannah would be able to choose her own dress.

Tomorrow it was decided that Max and Aspen would confirm the location they had selected from maps matched their desires in real life while Caspian and Holland took Hannah shopping to get everything she needed in the immediate future, and shop for Aspen, who did not want to leave the pack lands to go to concrete shopping areas. Aspen also trusted that Hannah would do better than he would at shopping. 

The day after, Holland and Max would fly with Hannah back to her apartment to pack up her belongings. The apartment had been furnished so there wasn’t that much that needed to be moved. The day after, Judy and Bryan’s mate Cara had reserved time to take Hannah to see the dresses available. A plan which made no one happy until Hannah said she would only go if Aspen could come with her. No one of her mates could tell her no, and Aspen nodded that the on site dress boutique was something he thought he might be able to manage. 

Plans made, it was time to head to dinner and just get through the next few days. Then things will settle down. At least that is the sort of thing they were all telling themselves. It was going to take time to coordinate Hannah’s father’s move. Hopefully by the time he arrived, the ground would already be breaking on the foundation for their new family home. 

Everyone was a little on edge as they arrived at the dining hall. Various reasons between them all. Each hoping against the odds that this at least would just go smoothly. That some thing would go easy aside from their love for each other.