51

As expected, Aspen was completely overwhelmed by the volume of shopping that had been done on his behalf. It wasn't an extravagant wardrobe all together, though it was certainly more material things than he had ever had before. Hannah kissed his lips sweetly, “It’s nothing less than you deserve Aspen. Accept the freely given gifts.” Her voice low and sweet, words just for him. Once again reaffirming for him that nothing was expected in return.

After Aspen finished looking through everything, he went to go and change into clean clothes, that were brand new and just his size. While Caspian revealed everything they had picked out to help make Max’s studio apartment a home. Everyone worked together to get the new dishes washed, dried and put away, the new towels and accessories in the bathroom.

Aspen came out while dishes were still being washed. wearing loose terracotta colored linen trousers, and a lightweight cream wool sweater. Smiling very happily to himself, as he brushed his right hand over his left arm, like he was admiring the knit of his sweater. Caspian interrupted him turning away from the dishes he was washing. “Excellent choices Aspen.” He had praised Aspen, clearly admiring a little too hard.

Holland laughed slapping Caspian on the back, tossing the towel he had been using to dry dishes over his shoulder. “Easy there lizard. Just because he looks a treat isn’t any reason to be impolite.” Winking at Aspen and making him blush a beautiful rose on his pale cheeks. Aspen clearly not accustomed to being the center of positive attention was starting to get overwhelmed.

 Hannah knew almost before Aspen that he needed some space from the sexual energy Holland and Caspian had going on between them right now. Whatever game they had been playing, the competitive edge was making Aspen uncomfortable. She took control of the room, bossing Caspian and Holland into the bed room. To start making the bed up with the new bedding, exactly how she wanted.

Hannah gave Max a very pointed look, her eyes flashing between his own and Aspen. Willing him to help Aspen. Max quickly knew what was needed to help and asked Aspen to come join him in trying to better arrange what was in the cupboards of their kitchen for baking and cooking. Max knew how to grill meat, and cook eggs. He would certainly need help.

Max had left things how they were when he got the space. Aside from removing the dinning table and some other furniture to storage and instead installing the work bench. His father had never used this place as a residence either, and had maintained the apartment as a guest space for anyone in need. 

Afterall, Max’s parents had built a four bedroom ranch house for themselves, and the family they planned to have. Only ever needing two of the bedrooms, there was already too much space going unused without adding an apartment in the pack house. Organizing, and filling the apartment with everything it needed had never been a priority for Max. 

Caspian and Hannah had done well together. The previously cold space, that had never felt like a place he lived, no matter how much time he spent here; Now felt like something new. Hannah and her mates were working together start to build their first family home together. Hannah excused herself once Aspen started to open the cupboards one after another to see how things were. Making a sweet surprised sound when things weren’t where he imagined they should be. 

Hannah excused herself, “Just want to make sure Holland and Caspian are actually making the bed.” She had winked, kissed both of them on the cheek. Strutting to the bedroom on her long legs. 

Max and Aspen both knew the moment the brand new bedding started to get broken in. Neither were jealous. A lifetime was a long time, and Max and Aspen were enjoying rearranging the kitchen. Aspen liked organizing, and seemed to know a fair bit about actually cooking. Which would be good, because Max was pretty useless. His mother hadn't thought the kitchen a fitting place for the future Beta.

Max and Aspen had been passing glasses between each other from one cupboard to another, deciding it would make the space more usable. When Aspen interrupted Max on his latest new train of thought. “Do you think I could grow my hair long?” Catching Max so unready he nearly dropped the glass, and juggled it in the air between his hands a few times before getting a grip and moving it to the shelf with the others. Hannah and Caspian had picked out more variety of glasses than Max had realized existed. 

“If you want to. No reason you shouldn’t.” Max answered when he had his senses back about him, and wasn’t only focused on himself any longer. 

Aspen’s face lit up with joy. “I haven’t been allowed to grow my hair in a long time.” Handing one of the last glasses to get it transferred to its new home. The kitchen was finished, a masterchef would be happy to walk in and cook a meal now. Max and Aspen looked at each other, then turned towards the bedroom. Knowing they might be waiting for a bit, looked at each other before moving to the work bench. Picking up their respective works in progress, and happily carving together, while the smart speaker played one of Max’s anime soundtrack playlists. 

Max hadn’t ever thought he would be able to share his hobby with anyone. Feared he would be judged for his artistic hobby. He certainly hadn’t wanted his mother to know anything about it, or the media he liked.  Sitting side by side and working with Aspen joining him was nice. Maybe the two of them could have a wood working space, designed just for them in their new home.

While Caspian, Holland and Hannah had been out, Max and Aspen had hiked out to the land they were considering, Aspen said it would be perfect, there was a bluff along the side where the strongest winds usually came, which would protect the home from the worst of any storm. The forest in this particular area was old growth and Aspen hoped as many of the older trees as possible could be saved in the mixed wood forest. Telling the others about their findings would have to wait. They could discuss it over dinner. It wouldn’t be a secret where the Beta was building his family’s new home for very long anyways.