50

As Max and Aspen made sure they had everything they needed for their trip, Holland, Hannah and Caspian were driving into the mall for a day of shopping. "Only enough for me to have some things until I can get everything from my apartment. We are mostly shopping for Aspen." Hannah had insisted. Repeatedly on the drive.

Caspian and Holland were each taking it as a personal challenge to now see who could talk Hannah into the most lavish gift today. Which of them could spoil her better. A fun game between them with no losers and no hard feelings. Only very good times and a happy Hannah.

However, Caspian and Holland both found themselves to possibly be outmatched in stubbornness in Hannah. She was firm. She had everything she needed in her apartment. The only point scored was then Caspian practically begged her to let him buy her one intricate lingerie set, since hers wouldn't be available for a few days. Hannah had already picked out a few days worth of pretty basic panties, a new bra and a sports bra at the store that only sold women's under things. Nothing exciting in her basket at all. It had been a crime against nature. Her body was made for silk and lace.

Down one point, Holland was doing his best, trying to convince Hannah she would need shoes, they all wanted to take her out for a date. "Yes, that would be nice, but first we have to make sure Aspen has everything he needs. Then I want to get my things, and after that I will need to make sure my dad settles in, he got agitated the last time I had to move him." After his accident, the hospital had rushed after he was medically cleared and discharged him a full month before they had said they would. Without enough time for Hannah to finish vetting and selecting where her dad was going to live for the rest of his life. The hospital had sent him to a nursing home with a terrible reputation. Moving him again after only a couple weeks had undone any progress he had made since the accident.

He hadn't left the home since. It had been years now, this was going to be a big change and Hannah was worried how he would react to being moved. It was making her anxious. Holland and Caspian did their best to distract and reassure her that everything would be ok.

The morning was spent at the mall. Hannah got one lacey lingerie outfit, the panties and bras, one workout outfit, two pairs of jeans, some leggings and a few extra tops and socks. Holland's one point for spoiling her was a pair of limited edition sneakers that she had eyed. She did need something comfortable to walk around in. Her performance shoes were useless off the stage. Her flats were only a thin sole away from being barefoot. Sharp pebbles hurt her feet in the flats. Pebbles with a corner hurt.

Finally, at the last store, using a paper cut out of Aspen's foot to pick a couple pairs of shoes for him to try. Hannah let Holland buy the expensive sneakers. Which were by a fair bit more expensive than the lingerie, and more importantly, something was only intended to bring Hannah joy. Ensuring Holland was currently in the lead.

While Hannah had gotten the minimum for herself. She had more than spoiled Aspen. She was careful to only pick natural fibers for his clothes, and soft, earthen colors. Making sure Aspen would have a variety of underwear to choose from. A couple different styles of socks. Then every style of pants, a few in multiple in different sizes. Then shirts, sweaters, some jackets of different weights to be ready for the pending seasonal change.

She had sweetly kept trying to purchase everything for Aspen with her own money. "He's mine, I should buy it!" She had nearly hissed at Holland at the first store she had blessed with her shopping spree.

"But you are mine, and I have more money. Save your money baby girl, daddy had you and Aspen covered today." Hannah had pouted, and tried again to pay at the second store. By the third stop she had quietly given up. The feminist in her had tried, if they were both so desperate to fund her shopping spree, who was she to withhold that pleasure.

A morning well spent, and thanks to some efficient shopping. By lunch time everyone was starving, and Hannah had decided she had bought everything they needed to. Caspian hated that Holland had outspoiled Hannah, He needed to win the silly contest. His dragon would be irate to lose. Which wouldn't be dangerous for anyone, but could lead to some annoying moments for Caspian. Remembering his Dragon letting him be too drunk, and then also letting him suffer the headache the next morning when he had met Hannah.

Caspian was so distracted; worried what kind of annoyance his dragon would inflict on him if he lost, that Holland had suggested going to a restaurant that served variations on Vietnamese sandwiches, newly opened and had a great reputation. Hannah seemed excited by the offer and readily agreed. Holland beamed an attractive smile towards Caspian who was now very close to pouting.

Hannah and Holland sat in front. Holland describing the last time he had been to the restaurant. Getting Hannah excited. Caspian pouted the entire way to the restaurant. Though his mood did improve once they arrived, and he could smell the delectable scents of food coming from the kitchens. Begrudgingly he admitted to Holland that this seemed like an excellent choice for their afternoon meal.

The three lovers enjoyed a wonderful meal. The service was fast, the servers were attentive and kept their water glasses full and the food was beyond amazing. While eating, watching Hannah enjoy the pickled veggies that were served along with the meal. Listening to her talk about food, Caspian realized Hannah really liked food. Remembering the state of Max's apartment, and their complete lack of home goods, Caspian finally had his way to spoil Hannah. They needed one more stop. Caspian needed to take care of his flock.

"I would like to propose one more stop, we need some things for Max's apartment, " Letting Holland know to drive to the stadium sized home goods store at the far end of the nearest shopping district.

Even Holland had to acquiesce that this was a sound idea, remembering that there hadn't been enough plates for everyone at breakfast. The apartment, and their eventual home would need to be furnished.

At the enormous big box store, Holland followed behind Caspian and Hannah as he made her pick out new linens for the bed. New pillows to ensure everyone had one of their own. Cushions for the living room. New plates, bowls, cups, mugs, utensils, everything a kitchen needed to cook or bake. It was thoudands of dollars of goods and at the end, Hannah was clearly exhausted after walking through the labyrinthian model room one after another then through the busy checkout coral with their very loaded cart.

Holland had finally given up control of his SUV. Insisting that Caspian drive. All Holland wanted was to hold his baby girl close as they made the drive back to the pack house. The car loaded down with everything they had bought. Holland had lost the bet, Caspian's dragon was happy. Letting Holland hold Hannah while she napped on the drive home was more than fair for winning and having a very content and happy dragon.

Caspian couldn't wait to get home. He wanted to see Aspen's face when he saw all the things they had bought for him. Wanted to help Max find homes for all the new kitchen apparel they had. Wanted the sweet joy of making up the bed with the new sheets, blankets, and pillows with Hannah. Then getting those same sheets full of their combined scents.