83

Caspian went to Hannah. Looking relaxed as he prowled across the room, while Max leaned against the hall, hands on his knees, breathing in large gasping hauls. Everything but Caspian melted away from Hannah when Caspian kissed her lips. His hands a gentle caress on her cheeks. His body leaning against hers. Too soon Caspian nipped gently at Hannah's plump lower lip before slowly drawing away. Max breathing mostly normally now.

"Max thought he could outrun me here, I believe he has learned a valuable lesson." Max nodded furiously. Lesson learned. A dragon is not a wolf, not comparable. Not in any way. Different did not have to mean better or worse, unless someone introduced a specific challenge to win or lose. So far both wolves who had gone against the dragon, had lost. Hannah took them all as they were. They shouldn't try to rank themselves for fun either. Caspian just didn't look like he should be able to run as fleetly as he had, especially not without even straining himself.

Max went and hugged his mom. Almost smoothly. Judy didn't just have to build a relationship with Hannah, Holland, Caspian and Aspen. She needed to fix the damage that she had done to her own son as well. "Caspian and I are going go on a date." Hannah said, softly. Looking at Judy, who didn't look overly comfortable with the announcement, but didn't say anything and nodded her head. Judy looked towards Max, who was relaxed and content. Caspian had worked hard to ensure Judy was still here. Max felt Caspian had more than earned some alone time with Hannah for his efforts. 

Hannah went to Max and hugged him. Pressing her lips to his. Smiling against his lips. Foreheads pressed together. She promised him that they would have their time together soon. A little of the tension in Judy's shoulder's melted. Seeing her son happy with his mate was what she needed. 

Aspen said he was more than happy to stay with Judy and Max. Judy knew Aspen believed that Colton was cognisant. That Aspen believed Hannah thought her father was himself. Judy was currently hanging all her hopes that the medical team would agree with Aspen's assessment. Caspian had advised her to take life one step at a time. No need to jump too far ahead. Just focus on the next step. Next step was get in the same room as Colton. 

Judy could scent him on Hannah, and Aspen. Fading with every moment. She had no doubts. The Goddess had given her a second chance mate. Judy knew what being truly alone and hopeless felt like. She didn't want to feel anything like that ever again. Colton. Hannah's father was named Colton, and he was her second chance at a new happy ending. Judy was willing to jump almost any hoop if Hannah would let her meet Colton. Tomorrow, tomorrow might be the day she got to meet him. That is where Judy's mind was living as Hannah walked out the front door with Caspian.

Caspian took Hannah from Judy's house to the main pack training field. It was smaller than Paris's pack had, though it would certainly do for a quick shift and take off for his dragon. Caspian undressed in the soft twilight, Hannah blushed so prettily over nudity. He found it rather charming. Caspian hoped living on a wolf pack wouldn't take away that sweet blush from her cheeks.

Caspian took care to fold his clothes so they would not wrinkle. He opened the soft backpack he had brought with him. Taking out a warm coat for Hannah, before placing his folded clothes at the top of the bag and closing it before handing it to Hannah. "You will need the coat, it is cold in the air." While Hannah put the coat and backpack on, Caspian quickly shifted into his dragon.

Hannah felt the shiver of magic in the air as he shifted. Her mouth falling open, as once again she was left speechless by the sheer size and majesty of the mythical creature in front of her. The enormous scarlet dragon laid down on his belly, head moving on the long serpentine neck towards Hannah. Barely touching her as the dragon's snout coaxed her towards the dragon's main body. Climb. Hannah heard a voice in her heard, similar to Caspian's but different. It was the dragon in her head. She hesitantly reached her hands out to touch the dragon. The shining scales warm and hard under her hands. She turned to look at the dragon's head, which inflected in a slight nod. So Hannah did as bid, and carefully climbed onto the shoulder area of the dragon, the serpentine neck twisting to ensure Hannah didn't fall, nodding his satisfaction when she was seated safely and seemed secure.

With a near deafening crack, the wings of the dragon snapped out to their full size, the beast took several lumbering steps before picking up speed, and taking a leap into the air, wings cracking as the dragon took flight. Hannah clutched at small horn-like protrusions, using them as handles as she flew on a dragon up into the sky, and towards the stars.

Hannah was glad Caspian had been thoughtful enough to bring the jacket. Even with the heat of the dragon radiating up through her body, the wind and thin air in the sky was giving her a chill. Hannah was enraptured by the experience. Watching the field they took off from get smaller underneath them. Seeing the enormous pack house looking more like a doll house as the ground drew farther and father away. The pack was truly isolated, there weren't any nearby homes and the nearest village looked small and distant from Hannah's new vantage point.

Moving swiftly through the air, navigating the winds and air currents expertly, Caspian was taking Hannah towards the mountains at the horizon. Caspian had been planning this date since they had arrived and he had spied something very enticing on one of the maps Bryan had provided while they were scouting a location for their home. Caspian veered slightly, away from the direct line to the mountain, flying over their home. It was nearly complete now, the outside was being landscaped, and the final interior work would be starting either late tomorrow or the next day.

Caspian was thrilled to feel Hannah's excitement when she recognised that the home nestled into the woods away from the main pack village, was going to be their home. Neither Caspian nor Hannah could wait until they could all exist together in their own, private space. "A real home." Caspian heard Hannah say to herself as her heart went all dreamy and happy. Her heart was singing with joy, she was buoyant and clearly, loved flying. She was the perfect mate for his dragon. 

Cracking his wings to gain more altitude, Caspian returned to his original trajectory, high up on an isolated mountain. Hoping that the well made and detailed maps he had seen had remained accurate over the long years since they were first drawn. Either way, he would ensure Hannah had a memorable evening with him. She was his treasure and he was going to remind her of how much she meant to him.