80

"You are being more than reasonable Hannah." Holland told her, Hannah basked like a lizard under a heat lamp; feeling his pride over her choice, Holland was also likely proud of how Max was handling Hannah's choice to delay his mother meeting Colton. No one had hurt feelings, every one understood each other. 

Everyone had enjoyed the simple, tasty meal Holland and Max had prepared together. Happy and full, at ease in each other's company. Hannah had also noticed through the open door to the bedroom that the alternate bedspread was now on the master bed and could strongly smell cleaning products in the air, even over the smell of the meal. It seemed like her wolf mates had been busy with more than just getting on more like bunnies instead of wolves today.

Hannah smiled at her own joke as she imagined it more literally in her head. Aspen looked at her like he almost knew the whole joke. Holland and Max looked at her but let her have her silent fun knowing it was at their expense. They had more than enough fun together today to weather Hannah giving them a look. Especially when Holland and Max could tell she wasn't angry or cross with them. She felt almost whimsical Holland wanted to guess, even though he had never once had cause to ever use whimsical for anything before. He hoped that whatever tangle her mood was, some part of it was because she wished she could have been with them.

Meal was finished, Max jumped to help clean up. He was much more confident about helping to clean up than cooking. Holland had been a very good instructor, he was patient and confident in the kitchen, just like he was everywhere else. Though in the kitchen, he was far less dominant. Aspen cleared his throat, and said he was going to go and see if Caspian needed any assistance, "If he doesn't, I might try to set a few more boundary runes. So um, you guys would have some alone time." Aspen smiled at Hannah. Something unsaid between them as Aspen shook his head. His nature wasn't like the wolves, He was glad they and Caspian also loved Hannah and were supporting her. Along side him for now. Until he was ready for more. 

The sexual tension between Max, Hannah and Holland had quickly grown. The pull to be with her mates was hard for Hannah to ignore. Especially when she could feel Max and Holland both feeding into that same urge. It felt like her libido was on a hamster wheel that was spinning on an ever accelerating power drill. Hannah was about to try and convince Holland and Max to join her in the bedroom so she could catch up on some of what they had been up to. Mouth opening to speak as Aspen started to move like he would head for the door to check in with Caspian.

They were all interrupted by a knock on the door. Holland, Max, Hannah and Aspen all looked at each other frozen in place. It wasn't Caspian, Hannah would have known if her dragon had come home. No one quite sure who would come knocking until Max let everyone know it was Cara. It was time for Hannah to choose a dress.

Max went to let his Luna in. Hannah remembered the plan, they were supposed to take Judy with them to choose her dress for the wolf mating ceremony, "Aspen, are you up for some time with Judy?" Hannah asked, quickly and quietly. Wanting to make sure he was prepared to be the one monitoring Judy while Hannah tried on dresses. Aspen nodded, for Hannah he could do more than he ever imagined.

Cara burst into the apartment. Pausing as she looked around and saw Max's sanctuary for the first time. Mouth going slack as she turned in a full circle to look at as many of the small, detailed carvings as she could. "Max, did you make all these?" She asked after her eyes landed on the small woodworking desk set up where there should be a dining room. Looking at the man she knew was her mate's best friend. The man she had mostly known as quiet, and devoted to being Beta had a whole other side to him.

Cara shook her head. No time, she was here on Luna business and time was wasting. She only had a short window for this appointment. "Nevermind Max, we'll talk more later, Hannah and her, Fairy, "Cara said, not meaning to be derisive, or dismissing, she like most people on Golden Green were unaccustomed to much diversity. "Both need to come with me so we can get a dress sorted out for Hannah, especially now that her father is here we need to put off a big celebration ASAP."

Cara looked around, "Where is Judy? She was supposed to be here already." Cara sounded whiny. She had been the Alpha's daughter in her own pack before she met Bryan. She had always been the spoiled younger sister to the next Alpha. Being Luna was her just due in life she felt, people were supposed to be ready when she was.

Max moved to put himself between Hannah and Cara. "Mom was running late, she is going to meet you at the dress shop, she was just out with Caspian uhh picking some furniture from a catalog for our new home." Max stumbled, he had never once in his life ever lied to a Luna. Cara gave him a look. Cara knew that Judy had been more than drunk, she wasn't quite sure what though and Bryan hadn't wanted to explain more than once. Bryan had told her everything was fine now though. She knew she was being left out of something, but as long as she wasn't grossly affected she wasn't going to question too much.

Tapping her foot impatiently until Hannah and Aspen were ready. Cara herded Hannah and Aspen out the door. Holland rushing to text Caspian that he needed to get Judy to the dress shop or the Luna was going to have a tantrum. A quick reply from Caspian buzzed over, Judy was hoping the appointment would stand had already made herself ready to go and was already heading to the shop.

Hannah kissed Holland and Max goodbye. Sad she was going to have put off joining them for now. Though sometimes delaying gratification could make the final reward that much sweeter. Aspen put on shoes for this outing, and he and Hannah headed out the door. "Wait." Holland called, rushing to grab Hannah's phone from the quick charger. It wasn't full, but it should certainly last through one dress appointment.