Chapter 13 Jealousy.

After taking a soothing bath you got ready for the day. While sitting in front of the mirror fixing your hair you heard someone enter.

"Need some help my windbloom?" Aether asked happy as your now official husband went to you and took the comb from you.

"I can brush it myself" you said as he simply shaked his head and start doing it for you.

"I want to do it" he said as he gently but quickly fixed your hair. Once he finished he set the brush aside. "All done" he told you as he hugged you loving.

"Thank you" you told him happy as you heard your door open again.

"My Grace" Zhongli said happy greeting me froze seeing Aether hugging me. ".. Aether. What are you doing in my Grace's chambers so early-" you saw his eyes widen in realization. "You-" he lunged forward in attack as Aether startled braced himself only for the protection charm you gave him be activated. "You bastard how dare you hide behind a shield!" Zhongli said furious trying to break it open.

"Zhongli! Calm down!!" You said trying to pull him away.

"I refuse to believe that he took your first!" He said angry trying to get back at Aether. "I'm the one who was supposed to take that honor!"

"Zhongli!!" You yelled at him holding him back "if you don't stop trying to kill the others I won't ever give you a chance for anything!" You yelled out as you felt him go stiff.

"....But. My Grace.." he looked at you torn. "I am your favorite it is my right to be the first on everything" he said as he held you close. "If you don't want me to harm the others I won't but please don't abandon me!" He tightened his hold. "Don't leave me again please." You heard him plead. You sighed and hugged him back soothing.

"Alright you said it. No more harming the others." You told him as you pat his back.

"Yes my grace." He said as you suddenly felt him pick you up. "Let's take you to breakfast" he walk out with you leaving Aether stunned.

"Hey hey! I can walk" you said embarrassed. Truth be told you still weren't used to being carried around.

~

"And that's why I'm like this." You told your friend as you picked up your drink and drank some.

"...um. congratulations on the marriage??" Your friend said confused as she watched you drink from your cup while sitting on Zhongli's lap. She felt that anger rise again but kept a smile on. "Looks like he's not going to let you go anytime soon." She said as she got her cup.

~

"Wow! Really!?" The floating child was excited talking to Aether. "She said that??" She asked as he nodded.

"So what you say?" Aether asked smiling.

"Paimon says yes!" The child cheered happy. "Yay! Paimon's now adopted!" She said happy as she hugged Aether happy.

"Welcome to the family Paimon" Aether said happy.

~

After talking with your friend you noticed something was ... Off. About her. So you asked. "Bestie? Are you alright. I notice your a bit off"

"Oh really? I couldn't tell" she said as you sighed and looked at the archon who still refuses to let you go.

"Zhongli. Can you please leave us be. I wish to talk to my friend in private." You told him as he nodded and set you down before exiting your room and standing by the door. "What's wrong? Feeling sick?"