Chapter 15 Enjoyable Company.

It was night as you were by the shore listening to music on your phone. The moonlight was bright yet soft as you enjoyed the scenery. You thought about what just happened.

"Are you still upset over your friend?" You heard behind you as you looked to see Aether walking to you and sit next to you.

"How can I not? We were like sisters." You said as Aether hugged you.

"Well forget about her. She not good enough to be your friend" he said with a smile. "You have me"

"Thanks Aether" you said the blonde snuggled into you happy. "Still. I wish we could have talked it out. I mean I understand why she was jealous but for once I thought she would be happy for me." You said bit sadden. "I remember throughout our childhood she got everything she wanted no questions asked. Still, I was always happy for her. Whenever she broke up with her boyfriend I sat next to her soothing her" as you smiled at a funny memory of you two cooking together. "I remember the first time we baked a cake and she lost the spoon. Only to find it in the cake after we baked it" you giggled before looking down sad again. "On the other hand. I didn't really have much growing up. My family was not poor but we did have to budget a lot. We managed well and with lots of effort I studied as best I could and even got a job to help about in the house. I remember thinking that. If I worked hard one day I'll be able to be like her and have all sorts of fun. And when I did get something I always went to her to enjoy it together." You looked at the sky. "I should of known something like this would happen. Maybe I was being too selfish-" Aether stopped you.

"No your grace. Someone people are greedy and envious- she just wanted what you had. She got jealous and dared to hit you. Knowing well how you worked for what you had she had it for granted." He said hugging you as he gently pet your head in attempt to comfort you. "Don't think about her anymore. You don't need her you have us. We will make sure your well cared for. She hurt you, we would never." He said as you noticed a strange glint in his eye. His tone was rather serious and calm yet quickly switched back to his normal tone "Honestly it sounds like you lived like a normal person over there" he said quickly changing topic.

"I was normal. I was even thinking of adopting a pet too but, I came here" you said as Aether nodded happy.

"And I'm very happy your here!" Aether chimed in as he kissed your cheek sweetly. "So forget about her. You have us now. I can be your new best friend." He said. You laughed as you hugged him back. "And if you want a pet why not just adopt Goruo? Or we can look at other animals too" he said happy.

"It's fine" you said amused "I have the golden wolfking now." You looked out onto the sea. "Actually.. I think it's time to leave Inazuma."

"To?" Aether asked.

"Well I was thinking stopping at Liyue see how everyone is doing before leaving to Mondstadt and see how they are after the war and all." You said.

"If that's what you would like then sure" he said happy as he got up. "I'll notify the others!" He took off happy. You watched him leave.

Once he was out of sight you hugged yourself. You felt a chill run down your spine. It seemed after you came back to your world they became more needy. More obsessive it was clear they never liked your friend but tolerated her just for you. Getting up you started walking along side the oceanside. Looking over the ocean you noticed the sun already beginning to rise. Another 'sleepless' night for you it seems. You decided to do something to take your mind off the situation, after all pouting and sulking won't solve anything so reaching into your hidden pocket from your outfit you took out a whistle.

~

"I see then we will prepare to leave soon as possible" Zhongli said receiving the news from Aether.