Chapter 46 The calm before the storm

You were on your way back when you saw a familiar boy crash land infront of you. "Bennett??" You said surprised as you rushed over to him and helped him up. "How did you-" you saw him spring up.

"That was awesome!!" He said excited "your grace there this huge mushroom that when I jumped on it it sent me flying!" The boy told you excited as you looked amused.

"Bennett!" You heard footsteps running over as you saw Razor run up and tackle hug his brother. "Bennett you hurt?" He asked looking him over.

"Oh thank Archons we found you!" Pantalone said running over "are you-" he froze seeing you "your grace! I - uh.. it not what it looks like!" Pantalone said quickly trying to clear his name "it was a-"

"It's fine Pantalone" you told him. "Bennett as a thing for getting into all sorts of trouble. He just has bad luck is all."

"You should try it your grace!" Bennett said happy. "It sent me high up and it was fun to glide down!"

"Absolutely not!" Pantalone quickly cut in. "We saw you crash land just now. No more jumping on those gaint mushrooms!" He scolded him.

"Awww but it was so fun!!" Bennett whined.

"It was dangerous" Pantalone said crossing his arms. You watched as Pantalone spoke to Bennett in a stern tone but you could detect his concern through it. You saw Khoi quickly go to you with a small smile.

"Your grace look." You saw him hand you an armful of flowers happy. "I found these. I think their pretty so I picked them for you" he told you looking pleased with himself.

"Those are" Tighnari said stepping up looking at them. "Ah thought so these are Kalpalata Lotuses."

"There pretty thank you Khoi" you said happy as you took them.

*

Dottore floated about next the one holding his lead. He watched at Venti was talking to your group. Seeing how Childe was busy talking with them he floating down to Capitano and gently 'landed' on his shoulder.

"I don't know what you have planned but I suggested you stop it" Capitano said as Dottore stayed put. After a few seconds of silence Dottore inched his way to the side of Capitano's face. "I told you to-" he looked and paused seeing the blue seelie stare at him with a big look of innocence that begged to be pitied. "Dottore where is your self respect -" he paused as he swore he could see the seelie grow more pitiful and sad. "... What do you want?" He asked him as he watched the blob nudge the leash. Making it loud and clear what he wants.

'Come on!!!' Dottore yelled in his mind 'hurry up and take pity on me!! Get me free!!'

"Dottore you know I can't -" Capitano stopped himself seeing the seelie melt as if gloomy. ".... You know why your like this in the first place. Her grace said it's-" he watched the seelie seemingly becoming more depressed. "... Dottore..."

'come on!! I'm putting on the act of my life time!! Take pity!!" Dottore yelled internally as he kept the appearance up. 'Acting so sadden I'm melting is really hurting my nonexistent back!!'

Capitano watched in silence. He was debating himself on what to do. He's never seen Dottore this expressive or this sadden to boot. Watching the blue seelie of his fellow ex Harbinger melt on his shoulder out what he believed was pure sadness and misery he thought what he should do. Let him go? Keep him on the leash? If he kept on the leash no doubt he will only be sadden further and can in a long term cause him harm. However if he let loose who knows what he will do. Will be flee? Will he hide? Or will he become a bigger problem than he already is. He took a second to think about it. He is a seelie. 'What harm can he even do? Fly at high speeds into people? Bonk them on their heads? He's a floating blob..' he took a deep breath. "Ok Dottore." He told him as he watched the seelie freeze. "I'll take off the leash."