Chapter 28 Exposed

Night fell pretty quickly as you had the ex Harbingers settled into rooms. Once it finished you headed to your room tired. Walking down the hall you spotted a certain person with a green ribbon outside your room by the door.

"Khoi?" You asked as he looked at you. "what's wrong?"

"Your grace.." he said as he went to you. "May I speak with you for a bit?"

"Of course. Come in." You lead him into your room. "What's wrong?" You asked again as you closed the door after him.

".... It's.. Albedo." He looked at you. "He seems to believe I am scheming something against you and threaten me subtly to keep my distance" he said looking away "I've told him I am doing no such thing but its clear he does not believe me and says it must be an elaborate plan to get you. I don't understand why he doesn't believe me I've tried to explain my-" you pat his back gently.

"Khoi.." you said gently as he looked at you. "This is to be expected. This is part of becoming yourself. They will see you are different and will slowly but surely start to accept you for who you really are. It will be tough I'll admit but you will see soon." You told him comforting as he nodded.

"Still.. between you and them. The difference in how you talk to me. It's obvious and clearly different" He said as his eyes soften looking at you. "And I very much prefer your way of treating me. I like it. I feel more comfortable being with you. Then being alone with the rest. They seem to keep an eye on me. As if I will suddenly act out and become violent." He said sadden "Albedo even asked me about my ribbon. I told him how I got it and what it means and he only narrowed his eyes." He said as he put his hand over the said ribbon. "This is your gift to me your grace. And I will always treasure it. You bestowed me this chance to live anew. You taught me how this life is mine. And it's mine to choose what to do with it. Ive choose to live as Khoi and no matter how much I tell them he doesn't believe me."

"I can't blame him.. considered what has happened.." you said as Khoi looked down "but we will prove him wrong." You said comforting as you hugged him. "Hang in there. We both knew this wouldn't be easy nor fast." You told him as you felt him hug you back. "It's going to take a while to convince everyone your not Primordial Albedo. You are Khoi."

"As long you stay with me." Khoi said tighting his hug gently "I'll wait as long it will take." He said.

"That's the spirit " you said happy giving him a smile as he nodded.

"Then I'll hang in there and keep trying my best to show them im not who they think I am" he said with new found confidence.

You nodded happy and let go of him as your door flew open. Startled you and Khoi looked over to see a very energetic Oni.

"My grace! I'm here ready for-" he spotted Khoi "hey hey! I'm the one who staying the night here!" Itto said coming in.

"Itto! What I say about mistreating my door like that" you said crossing your arms. "And leave Khoi alone and your mind out of the gutter. We were only talking " you said as you turned to Khoi. "Well it's getting late. Get a good night rest ok?"

"Ok" Khoi said as he nodded. "Goodnight."

"Goodnight Khoi " you said happy as you watched him leave your room. "Now then" you said as you looked to the Oni "Itto you-" you were cutt off as you saw him pick you up and carry you to bed and lay down with you. Wrapping his arms around you he pulled you close to him as he was smiling.

"Now that he's gone we can finally go to bed" Itto said happy as he cuddled you close to him smiling happy.

"Your a goof you know that?" You said amused as you reached up and pet him as he laughed lowly before leaning into your touch happy.