Chapter 27 Ex Harbingers

"were finally here!" The Cyro Archon said excited upon stepping into Mondstadt. "Now let's go see my grace!" Childe said excited.

"...Do you know where she's staying at?" Pantalone asked causing the Archon to freeze in his step.

"Of course I do! How can I not know where my wife is?!" Childe said looking offended.

"Then apologizes. Lead the way" Pantalone said. Childe huffed and walked off as the rest of the group followed.

At the moment you were sitting on your bed with your back against some pillows. Gorou was with you had his head was on your lap looking peaceful. You were petting him while you used your free hand to be on your phone. He was enjoying the attention you were giving him as his tail was gently wagging. Of course this peaceful time wouldn't last as his ears perked hearing footsteps quickly approaching your room. As if on cue the door swung open revealing a very happy Oni.

"Ah hello Itto" you said happy. "Can you please not swing my door like that??" You asked remembered how the last door was cut in half by Dilucs claymore.

"My grace!" He said happy as he went to hug you happy. "I call dibs to stay the night with you!"

"Huh?" You asked caught off guard as Gorou sat up alarmed.

"Hey hey! You don't just say things like that!" He said as his tail was puffed.

"Eh? But lately it's just been Aether whose been getting attention." The Oni said hugging you close giving you a sad look. "I want attention too your grace."

"Hey that's cheating you can't guilt trip her grace!" Gorou said as the door quickly opened again revealing an annoyed Diluc.

"You two knock it off. Her grace needs rest and with you two yelling she won't be able too" Diluc said as he went in.

"It's ok Diluc I'm not really all that tired" you told him happy as the red haired man looked concerned.

"You always say that. But I'm worried your not feeling well seeing last time you slept you had a nightmare." He told you as he went to you. "My grace.." he said gently as he tucked your hair to the side "I just worry for you. You do everything for everyone without asking for anything as thanks. I just fear people will become too greedy and want to exploit your kindness"

"Thank you for worrying Diluc." You said as you reached out and pat his head gently. "I know you and everyone else are looking out for me. I'll keep that in mind" you told him happy. "Besides I have you and the others so I doubt anyone will try to do that with me." You smiled amused. "Especially with you Diluc. You have a very sharp eye"

"Of course my grace you can count on me" Diluc said serious as he grabbed both of your hands holding them close to him. "I won't ever fail you again" he said with a determined look.

You laughed amused. "calm down Diluc your making it sound like we're about to back to war or something like that."

Diluc smiled seeing you laugh so carefree. This is how he wanted to see you. Happy, safe and loved. Ever since you were lost in the fog with the rift hounds he felt paranoid and ashamed he wasn't able to protect you, and when he and the others saw you faint infront of them when they found it the fatui had you hostage he felt so useless. He couldn't help but recall the pain and guilt he went through seeing you motionless in bed for days. Only for you to wake up and say 'ah I must've gotten my eight hours of sleep' then the biggest one. Arriving at the final fight and see you disappear behind a wall of ice. He used all his strength to try and get through that wall but no matter how much fire he used he couldn't make a dent. Not until the Geo Archon arrived. Unlike him, Zhongli managed to break down the wall with ease. He hated feeling so helpless seeing another man had to step in and do what he couldn't do.