Chapter 49 Stormy weather

Dottore stayed still seeing the feline come out of its hiding spot seeming to be sniffing the air. Then stopped looking behind him.

'The kid!' Dottore yelled internally as the beast made a run towards Khoi. 'Like hell I'll let you get him!' the seelie reacted quickly lunching himself towards it effectively headbutting it away. 'Ha! Take that!' he thought to himself floating next to the injured Khoi. Dottore watched the feline shake it's head regaining it composure before hissing at him angry. Going back them it attempted to swat the seelie out of the air.

Dottore dodging the swats went forward to headbutt it again head on. This made the beast stumble back dizzy again. 'Haha! Take tha-' he felt himself plop down as well on the ground feeling the pulsing pain on his head. 'ow.. I think I went to hard on that one..' hearing it feline hiss again Dottore looked over to see it recover quickly and started to run at them again 'Dammit it recovered fast!' he cursed as he tried to take flight again. Only to be swatted to the side Dottore bounced off the floor and rolled off. Now dizzy Dottore heard as it went to him. Clearly it wanted to make sure he won't interrupt its hunt again. Looking over he saw it pounce as braced for impact. Instead of feeling anything he heard a loud 'Thud'. Peeking over he saw it laying motionless on the side. An ice shard having impaled it on its side.

"That was close.." he heard and looked over to see Khoi sitting up from his spot. "It almost got you." He said as he got up putting a hand on his side, Khoi walked over and picked up the blue seelie. "You actually stayed.." Khoi gave him a smile as Dottore looked away seemly puffing up.

Khoi watched the whole thing. He saw how Dottore found out he was free from the leash, how he stayed next to him and even went to retrieve his green ribbon. He didn't think the ex Harbinger would go that far to protect him from harm however. But now he felt assured that Dottore was someone he could trust. So holding the seelie Khoi walked over to his ribbon and picked it up. He had to keep moving he knew they would still try to hunt Dottore down.

Dottore was being carried as Khoi kept moving. Holding him close as he kept the ribbon in a tight grasp in his hand. He wasn't sure where he was going but as long he was far from your group he was ok. Looking down at the ribbon you gave him he stopped walking. Why didn't he think of that? You favored him greatly. You would listen to his pleas right? You would help him if he asked right? His thoughts was cut off as the weather quickly became foul as the sunny sky quickly darkened with dark clouds and rain began to pour.

Attempting to shield them, Khoi ran to a near by cave and went inside trying to hide from the sudden harsh winds. He knew right away. You were angry. "My grace is angry" Khoi said as he sat down against the cave. "I know she will help us" he told the seelie as thunder was heard.

*

You opened the doors happy with Nahida, both of you with smiles.

"I'm back-" you stopped having noticed how Kazuha and Gorou seemed to be holding Tighnari down and how silent everyone was. Not to mention some where missing.

"Ah starlight!" Aether said quickly going over to you. "I'm happy to see your back" he said to you giving you a smile.

"Hi mom" Paimon said going over as well looked down at the person next to you. "Is this the Dendro Archon?" She asked.

"Yes this is Nahida." You said happy as you felt the youngest Archon hug your arm. "Isn't she adorable?"

"Rather small for an Archon.." you heard Scaramouche say.