Chapter 58 Act of Loyalty

Bennett had to do something

Bennett had to do something. Holding Razor he noticed how paler his new brother gotten. How Razor's breathing was getting shakier. No doubt he was injured and needed medical attention.

'theres got to be something I can do!' Bennett thought to himself looking at his surroundings for something he could do. 'I can't just stay here and wait! I know her grace will come but.. there has to be something I can do..' Bennett felt Razor move in his hold as he felt Razor grip on his shirt tighten.

"It be ok" Razor said low through his shaky breath "Lupical will come." He told him as if trying to reassure Bennett. "Lupical is good mother" Razor said as he closed his eyes again attempting to rest.

'Mother... Sounds like Razor already accepted the fact we are adopted now.' Bennett said hugging Razor 'Maybe.. Maybe I can call her mom too.." the boy kept thinking. His thoughts were cut short as he heard Pierro curse. He looked over to the older man. He's been trying to get the bracelet off for the longest time and still no success.

"I can't believe that brat made such an durable bracelet!" Pierro yelled angry as he leaned against a tree taking a breath. Looking at the bracelet once more he felt the anger again rise up in him as he kept trying. "Damn it!"

*

Xiao was fast on his feet as he kept running in search to find you and report his findings. He knew the chances of the hostages of being the boys where very high. Still he had to tell you so a better plan can be taken place. After all Pierro proved to be a very unpredictable person so you can't just rush in.

Landing on a tall place he spotted you in the far distance and spotted the Dendro Archon with you as well with the new person. His grip on his weapon tighten noticing how Alhaitham kept his gaze on you. "I shouldn't have brought him..." He told himself. Still. In the end you had the final say and in the end. He was one of your most trusted. That made him settle down again and take off towards you.

*

"Wait wait! How long are you going to be gone!?" Theo said holding onto your aunt's suitcase stopping her from crossing the portal.

"As long as my niece needs me!" You aunt replied pulling her luggage away.

"That doesn't tell me anything!!" Theo yelled back "what am I supposed to tell the others?? What am is supposed to tell them when they ask??"

"Tell them to mind their damn business and keep working! If they got time to wonder they got time to keep working!" You aunt said as she made her way "I'll be back eventually!" She went through.

"Ah ok.." Theo said seeing the two boys cross after her and watched the portal close. "Be safe.." then it hit him "wait. Eventually!?!"