Chapter 54 'What if'

Scaramouche was deep in thought

Scaramouche was deep in thought. He couldn't stop thinking what you just told him not long ago. How things would of played out if she had not come along.

'Me? .. A god?' he thought to himself. Crossing his arms he subtly hugged himself. He was feeling something. It was something familiar to him. He didn't like it. Last he felt it was long ago before he joined the Fatui. He couldn't help but think how things could of be. Even though he would of succeeded in becoming a god according to you. Aether would've come along and fight him. In the end defeating him. Then the thought came to him.

"Aether is her Grace's representative.. he followed all she commanded him to do.. which means.." Scaramouche told himself low. "She is the reason why I would have failed.." coming to this conclusion he felt anger come over him. You would be the reason why he would fail!

His hands tightened up into fists. He quickly left his spot to find you. It wasn't hard to find you as he could spot the floating blue blob of the Harbinger that seemed to settled in being a pet to that look a like. He knew where that seeile was, that meant that kid is  with him. Where that kid was, you were. It clear to him how much Khoi followed you.

Going up the path he arrived and saw you wave bye to Aether as he and Paimon seemed to be leaving. He assumed on a task you sent him on. He went to you.

"My grace.." Scaramouche said to you as you looked at him. "A word."

"Oh?" You said noticing the attitude he was already giving you. "Alright. Let's talk over there." You said walking leading the way. You noticed how Khoi was ready to follow but you told to wait there. "I'll be right back" you told him.

"... Ok" Khoi said as he watched you leave with Scaramouche.

"Alright Scaramouche why-" you felt your arm grabbed and pulled so you come face to face to Scaramouche's angry eyes.

"Why did you deny me my right!?" He asked angry. "You told me I would be a god! Yet you would of sent that traveler of yours to fight me and beat me!" He said as his grip on your arm tightened. "Why let me became one when you would just take it away from me!"

"Scaramouche." You told him. "Let me go. Your tempter is getting out of -"

"Answer me!" He yelled angry. "I could have had every-"

"Kunikuzushi!" You yelled at him making him freeze. He looked at you with wide eyes. He hasn't heard that name in the longest time.

"First off." You said firm and pulled your arm free from his grip. "Do not lay your hand on me." You took a step back from him. "Second. Look at you. Even if you were a god your view point on things are not fit for someone who would be a leader to others. I told you before. When you would of have realized it yourself."

You saw him look down. His hat covering his appearance from your sight.

"I haven't heard someone call me that name in a very long time." Scaramouche said as he kept avoiding your eyes. Hearing the name brought back memories that pained him but hearing it from you felt. Nice.