Chapter 68 Under Control

Maybe it was his excitement of his new found godhood, or the fact constructs dont exactly need basic things such as food or sleep. Either way Scaramouche wasn't able to stay still in his room so instead he decided to walk around the empty streets in darkness in attempt to calm his nerves. His mind was full of events that just happened. Just thinking about you actually giving him a Gnosis, the fact you made it just for him brought a smile to his face. Walking down the sidewalk he spotted a familiar figure walk in the distance.

'Is that Julia? Huh. Seems I'm not the only one who wasn't able to rest' Scaramouche thought to himself and decided to observe her for a bit longer. Then he noticed where she was walking to. Following her he kept distance to not be caught. There he kept watching and saw it all. Pierro's awakening, how the ex Harbingers all fought him. He watched as Dottore was defeated in mere seconds and saw how Childe revealed his Archon form 'An Archon form?' he thought to himself. 'Will I also get an Archon form?? I wonder.. how would I look like?' in his mind he was imagining how he would look. Would he look different than he would now? Or would he look the same with only the outfit changed like some Archons. His train of thought was cut short when he heard a loud slap. Looking back he saw your aunt had slapped Pierro then proceeded to slap him twice again.

Scaramouche had to do his hardest to not burst out laughing at the sight and blow his cover. This was far too hilarious to him. Seeing the former first Harbinger being slapped about. Then he saw how your aunt flipped him over and kept him on the ground. As much he wanted to laugh at him he knew he had to leave quickly and inform you. After all your aunt could only hold him off for so long and see how everyone else was far too weak to even stand against him meant your aunt was on her own. So he turned and ran to where you stayed.

*

Xiao kept you close to him. He listened to your gentle breathing as you slept. He had his eyes closed as well and slept lightly. He wanted to make sure you were protected at all times so he tried to stay alert. After a few minutes he heard footsteps stop at your door. Opening his eyes he looked at the door and sat up without waking you, he got up then silently walking towards the door summoning his weapon. If it was a threat then he had to make sure to neutralize it before it got to you. As he turned the doorknob, his grip on his weapon tightened as well, he opened the door and saw Scaramouche standing there. Realizing it wasn't a threat Xiao stepped out and closed the door behind him and lowered his weapon slightly.

"My Grace is sleeping" Xiao said crossing his arm. He thought Scaramouche was trying to sneak in or something of the sort. "if your trying to sneak into her chambers while she-"

"Shut it this is important." Scaramouche said. The next few seconds where spent on how Scaramouche saw what happened with the ex harbingers and how Pierro is currently alone with your aunt.

".... I'll alert my grace. You go make sure he doesn't do anything to Madam Julia." Xiao said before returning back into your room. Scaramouche quickly left to return back to where your aunt was. Seeing you asleep so peaceful made him want to let you keep sleeping yet this was important. Gently he shook you. "My grace. Please wake up. There been a situation." He said as he watched you stir and wake up. Xiao saw you sit up yawning and looked at him. "My grace apologies for waking you but something requires your urgent attention." He explained and told you what Scaramouche said to him. After hearing this Xiao watched as you bolted out of bed and dashed out of the room. "My grace!" Xiao yelled after you watching you run out in your PJs and barefoot. The yelling waking up the others.

"What's going on!?" Diluc yelled quickly ran out of his room while putting on his coat only to see you run past him. "My grace?!"