Chapter 41 The Hideout

"Hey it's me. I have a job for you" a female voice spoke serious on a phone.

"Boss lady! We haven't heard you for a few days! Where you been?" A male voice spoke.

"Ive been about. Now then I have things for you to do" the female spoke.

"Sure. What's your command?" The male said happy.

"Some people decided to try and take what belongs to my niece. Falsifying documents of her transferring ownership to another. " The female said sounding annoyed. "Get that sorted out as soon you can."

"Sounds like no problem." The male said. "Anything boss?"

"Yes. That anime convention"

"What about it?"

"Reserve a spot for me and my niece. I promised her I would get a spot for her. Get a spot that not well tucked away but still easily visible to the public. She has a big group with her. So make sure it's big enough that a group of 14 can be in the area." The female spoke. "Ah and one of them is a young child so make sure there plenty of snacks and drinks for the little one. As well some seats so the child can rest comfortably."

"Sure thing boss. Ah we heard of your ex husband. Someone got him good. Did you send someone?" The voice asked as the lady laughed amused.

"Sort of. The one who got him was my nieces husband. Now you have your orders. Get to it." She said as she hung up and got up from the couch. "Ah who knew such things would happen.. well as long my niece is ok and happy then I'm happy." She said as looked around "don't worry Y/n. Auntie Julia will make your place is safe."

*

"The day is near over and you still have not finished." Albedo said to Dottore watching the ex Harbinger go about mixing things together.

"I still have time. Quit rushing me" Dottore said annoyed. "It is not as if her Holiness is in danger it is only a cat boy-" he paused and turned to look at Albedo. "Oh I think I understand now.. You rushed me because your failed clone is getting all the attention from her Holiness. Isn't it?"

"Stop wasting time!" Albedo quickly said.

"That's it your jealous!" Dottore said amused. "Are you jealous that your clone is getting all the attention? That he is up there spending time with her grace being pampered and hugged while being called cute and be attended to by her Holiness herself?"

"I told you to stop wasting time"

"Tell me are you really jealous or are you.. scared her Holiness will replace you with him? Hm? Isn't that funny. The failed experiment replacing you." Dottore said amused.

"Your pushing it" Albedo said as Dottore noticed how Albedos expression was. He smiled used seeing the jealous and anger that was clearly written all over his face.

"Like someone said. Sounds like someone is in denial."

*

Diluc was walking ignoring the pain. It seems he's underestimated Bennets bad luck. While the curse was directed on the boy, Diluc kept taking the hits for him when he was unable to get him to safety. Just where were they that's there so many traps?? A tunnel that seemed neverending, with no sign of end in sight.

"I'm sorry Master Diluc." Bennett said following him as Razor was next to him. "Maybe you shouldn't adopt me.." he said looking down "my bad luck affects everyone around me.." the boy said sadden hearing the footsteps ahead of him stop. The two boys stopped as well and looked ahead to see Dilucs back. "Huh? Master-"