Chapter 42 Things from the past.

You and Xiao walked along the path using your phone flashlight to light the way. Keeping an eye and hear out you two tried to find any sign of Diluc and the boys. After walking for a few minutes Xiao put his arm infront of you and summoning his spear protective.

"I hear something coming this way" Xiao said. "Stay behind me my grace" he told you as the sound of grass rustling was heard and you used your phone to light up the direction of the sound to see Bennett and Razor as they were both holding Diluc.

"Your Grace!" Bennett said seeing you as Diluc looked up to see you and quickly stood up.

"My grace" Diluc said as you quickly head over to him seeing how bad shape he was in.

"Diluc what happened to you??" You asked concerned as you quickly helped holding him up. "Lets get you back to the manor quickly "

*

After arriving at the manor you had Diluc lay down in his bed. You noticed all the injuries on him as the two boys explained to you what happened to him and how he got into this shape.

"It's my fault.." Bennett said sad as you pat his head gently.

"It's not your fault Bennett. Diluc will find you will see. Now you two go downstairs and wait while I tend to him" You reassured him with a smile as they nodded smiling at you and exited the room before you went to Diluc. "Hang on Diluc ill be healing you." You told him as put your hand on his burnt cheek.

"My grace there no need for you to waste your-" Diluc froze feeling your powers healing his cheek. Once you finished you took your hand back and quickly got to taking off his coat. Diluc quickly sat up going red. "My grace??" He said startled.

"I need to see your injuries" you told him as Diluc face was red. "Oh get your head out of the gutter and take your coat and shirt off." You said as you watched Diluc do so looking away attempting to hide the red of his face. You saw all the injuries he gotten through the adventure he had. You quickly got to it and started healing him. Diluc stayed still as he let you heal him. He kept facing away from you but he couldn't help but smile at the attention you were giving him. The way you were making sure he was well tended to. He loved it. 'If I get hurt again.. would she tend to me again like this?' he thought to himself as he heard you say you were done. Looking at himself he saw how he was all better aside from the scars he already had.

"Thank you my grace" he said as you nodded at him smiling. "Where are the boys?" He asked noticing how it was just you and him in his room.

"Bennett and Razor are both in the living room." You said. "They are being tended to as well but their fine "

"Good to hear." Diluc said. "my grace I hope you don't mind. I took the liberty of making a very sensitive choice." He said as he put of his shirt again.

"A choice?" You asked as he nodded. "Which is?"

You watched Diluc take a deep breath and grab both of your hands holding them within his. "I should of considering your feelings and understand if you become angry with me. I decided to take in both Bennett and Razor are our sons" he said gently. "They both looked to be happy when I told them about it."

".... Diluc that's not fair" you said sounding upset as Diluc eyes widen.

"I'm sorry my grace! I-" you cut him off.

"I was going to do that" Diluc paused hearing you. "I wanted to ask them that. You beat me to it" Diluc sat there before giving off an amused smile and hugged you close to him. He gave off a laugh relieved you agreed with the adoption. He was scared for a moment that he made you upset. You were amused and hugged him back.