Chapter 47 Meeting the Sages

After getting ready for the night you sat on the bed. You yawned a bit then paused. Oh no. Has it been that long already? You heard a knock on your door hearing Xiao say he arrived.

"Come in" you said as you watched the door open to see Xiao standing there. You waited for a few seconds and saw how he just stood there. "Um Xiao you can come in you know." You told him amused as he nodded and walked in. His stiff posture and hesitant walk was a dead give away of how he was feeling. Your were amused this was adorable.

You laid down and got comfortable on the bed and saw how Xiao was by your bedside watching you. Seems he was too nervous to move at all. "Come on Xiao make yourself comfortable." You told him happy. "You don't have to stay if you don't want -"

"No! No I do!" Xiao quickly said as he climbed up on the bed and settle next to you. He was nervous. He long dreamed of this, to finally rest besides you, but he was afraid, what if he messes up? Many thoughts were racing in his mind as all the worst scenarios were playing in his head. His thoughts were cut short however since he felt a pair of arms wrap around him and hug him close startling him back to reality. Looking up at you "my grace?"

"Don't be over thinking it Xiao. I can see it clearly on your face. Just relax. Nothing going to happen" you told him.

'Wait.. Nothing going to happen!?' Xiao thought to himself 'I thought- Were not going to 'sleep' with each other?? We're just going to sleep??" He question himself internally. He was so nervous for nothing then! Now feeling embarrassment he quickly hugging you back and hide his face into your chest. 'yet.. I feel. Disappointed..' Like the others, Xiao also wanted to make your union to them official. When he heard you say you picked him he was overjoyed. Before coming over made sure he was ready, he bathed himself extra well and made sure he looked presentable and remembered all his mental notes he made from hearing Aether when he told , well more like bragged, to the others of his two nights with you and how great it went. When he first heard Aether talk about it he felt disgusted at his bragging then he was jealous. Now he glad he did so he can do better than him.

But it seems his worrying was over nothing as you told him just now. He now felt disappointed but still happy to be able to be to lay next to you like this. Feeling your hand start petting him he relaxed further leaning his head towards your touch. 'yeah. This is ok. As long I spent time with her. That's all I ask.' he thought to himself as he tighten his hold on you. 'I got to ahead of myself. I know my grace doesn't see us as mere objects for pleasure like the rest of the guys' Xiao thought as he looked up to see you sleeping. A smile came onto his face as he gently lent over and kissed your cheek.

"Asleep already?" Xiao said gently as he moved so you would be resting your head on his chest. Seeing you in a peaceful sleeping state made him feel all the more content with this. He hoped to be picked again so he could hold you like this more. "Sleep well my love" Xiao said gently hugging you close. "I'll make sure you stay safe and warm"

*

He did it. 'Im free!' Dottore mentally cheered in his mind as he flew out the window from the room he was in. He managed to escape the carrier and bite off his leash. Landing out side on the ground he took a breather. 'this tiny form has little to no energy! I'm exhausted!' he thought annoyed. 'now that I escaped I-'

Click.

Dottore froze hearing the familiar sound of a leash clicking onto his collar. Turning around he spotted the green ribbon wearing Alchemist holding onto a new leash. The moonlight being reflected on the new shiny leash. A metal leash.

"Wanting to go on a night stroll?" Khoi said with a small smile. "I'll go with you." He said as he proceeded to walk dragging the defeated seelie Harbinger after him. "I've was thinking of fetching you just now. How lucky I caught you just now." He said as Dottore was getting annoyed. Floating back up he went to Khois shoulder and landed there. "It's so pretty outside. Isn't it?" Khoi spoke as he walked along the path. "Not as pretty as our grace but still pretty."