Chapter 26 Reunion

You were in Jeans office talking with the two females.

"Thanks to the Hilichurls and Dvalin the fight itself was fairly fast" Jean explained in her reports.

"I keep being surprised your grace" Lisa said to you happy.

"Still I'm rather sadden this whole thing happened." You said. "And I'm still upset about that camp of Hilichurls.." you said crossing your arms remembering clearly the destroyed camp. "But I'm glad to hear everyone is doing well now. What about the wounded?"

"There recovering and to be honest when the rumor spread of your supposed abandonment. Many wept and almost went mad but luckily new word spread of your return and that lifted their spirits greatly." Lisa explained.

"Where are they now?" You asked. "I'll like to see them myself and thank them for doing thier best."

"Your grace is so generous" Lisa said happy. "I'm certain a visit from you will definitely make them happy."

"It's the least I can do" you said as they lead you to where the injured were recovering. Once you arrived you saw them being tended by fellow knights.

"Your grace??" A certain maid spotted you surprised. This made the everyone look over and see you.

"Our holiness is back!" An knight sitting in bed yelled. The others cheered with him as you quickly put your hands up trying to calm them.

"Easy everyone! Your all still healing." You said worried as you went around talking to them. You felt great seeing how they all seem to perk up at your presence as you took the time to mingle about with them.

"I'm very proud of all you" you said to them with a smile "you all defended your home and those you care for. I cannot thank you enough for all the sacrifices made on that day."

"It was for you" a knight said.

"If it's for you your holiness. We would fight countless wars!" Another yelled as the rest cheered in agreement.

"I hope it doesn't come to that." You said as you sat on a chair with a smile. "Everyone. Rest well and recover soon so you may rejoin your friends and family again."

*

While you were visiting the injured many of the townspeople started to talk.

"Isn't our holiness so thoughtful? She's visiting the ones who were injured during battle" a lady said.

"She been there for a long while." Another spoke "how kind of her to give up part of her day to spend with them."

"Should we throw a festival? We should try to make her live here for good"

"No no. As much it's clear she enjoys them we were affected by war. If we make one we will use all our supplies for it." A man spoke.

"He's right some of our farming land has been affected and places where go collect materials too. We must be mindful" another agreed.

"Do you think her holiness will help with that? Perhaps she can help restore some lands for us." A lady said as they nodded and quickly went to voice thier concern to Jean.

"Everyone! Please! Settle down!" Jean said calming the crowd "Her Holiness already asked for details and as such I informed her of our current situation." She explained.

"Then what will her holiness do?" A man asked.

"She said she will restore the lands so we can continue using them as we were." Jean replied. "But for now be patient. Her Holiness wishes to express her gratefulness to our loyal knights for thier part of protecting Mondstadt." The acting grand master said as the townsfolk looked among themselves.