Chapter # 4

Ester, My heart has found a home, if you ever read this, please realize how much I love you. I beg you, don't leave me even after knowing everything.

***

"Easy Desmond.. Who knows someone will talk to you in the same tone as well." He said, scornfully.

"Speak up, damn it!" I said exasperated, rubbing my temples.

"Go home Desmond, you might see a surprise." He said. I can even feel the evilness from his voice. A shiver evoked from me and went down my spine.

"What have you done this time?" I asked, trying not to show that my heart skipped a beat in fright.

"There's a surprise waiting for you.. Ester might not like it, to know what her husband is doing behind her back." He said and cut the call.

I grit my teeth and went straight home in worry, cursing loudly at this tribulation. I tremble just at the thought of what he has done this time. I am going to tell Ester everything or else he would give her some fake information about me.

If I don't tell her, she would be devastated to know it from somewhere else.

My mind clouded with anxiety and dread, I gulped hard and rushed inside. My eyes searched for Ester. My breath turned into a pant.

"Lilly!" I called our head maid.

"Yes, Sir?"

"Where is Ester?"

I asked, Looking here and there.

"She is on the rooftop." I quickly ran to the rooftop and saw Ester looking down. She was leaning on the wall, hands behind her back, holding an envelope in her hand.

I swallowed the lump in my throat and felt petrified of thinking what might be in here. She was looking down, trying not to cry. Her eyes were slightly devoid but she seemed sad.

"Ester.." I called her in a whisper. She slowly lifted her gaze and looked at me.

"Are you okay?" I asked, breathless. She forced a smile and nodded.

"Please don't lie, Ester." I said, taking a step closer. Her smile faded as she looked down and began to say in a low tone.

"I don't want to cry anymore Desmond.. If I don't say anything that doesn't mean I don't feel that it doesn't affect me. But Desmond, it's rather disturbing that you.."

My breath caught up in my throat, she couldn't meet my gaze, she was stressed, my heart felt like it would leap out my chest in horror about what she has come to know. She nibbled on her bottom lip and handed me the envelope.

"You left me speechless Desmond." She told me, on the verge of crying. I hesitantly took the envelope and looked what's inside it. My eyes widened when I saw those leaked pictures of Ester back in highschool. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. My heart clenched when I saw it. My lips began to quiver, sweat formed over my forehead, I looked at Ester who was looking at me, waiting to give me some explanation.

"Why do you want to bring up something that happened years ago? I know I am not strong enough to overcome my past. I am still hung up on that and let myself be turned into an introvert. I know I am weak but please don't make my scars sting using this." She said in a croaked voice and turned her head away, she hugged her sides, swallowing hard not to cry,

"I know I am pathetic but don't use it against me Desmond. My scar is my biggest insecurity because of you, don't make fun of it. It hurts. Do you like looking at it that much?"

Her voice was turned into a whisper. A tear rolled on her cheeks. I took a step towards her but she took a step back.

"Ester, listen to me." She sniffed and didn't turn.