Chapter # 11

Ester, Can you hear the sound of this wrecking melody, taking both of us to the depths of devastation?

***

A severe headache shot in my head as I rubbed my temples in tension. I just don't understand how I will make Ester get away from the fake woman.

She just kept meddling in our life and I want her to vanish from our lives and let us live in peace but that goddamned Henry has no intentions of letting this happen.

He will do whatever he can just to take Ester away from me because he believes I cannot love anyone and the person who lives with me would have the same fate as Grace.

I sighed deeply and after a few minutes the girl, Henry, hired to act as Grace came. She smiled and walked in. I scoffed and rolled my eyes at her.

"Hello, Desmond. You wanted to meet me?" She said in the same accent as her. I grit my teeth and said rudely, "Stop this act of yours." Why whenever I try to get close to Ester, someone comes in between and creates distance between us?

"What act?" She asked, oblivious and taking a seat.

"He taught you well about Grace." I mocked. She just smiled widely but didn't reply. I narrowed my eyes at her and asked, "What is your name?"

"Why would I tell you?" She asked back with a smirk.

"Look, whoever you are, I will pay you twice as much as Henry, leave Ester alone." I said exasperated.

"Why would I?" That woman is ticking me off. I have to do something about her.

"Then what do you want?" I asked grumpily, leaning back on my seat. She stood up with the beguile formed over her face as she walked closer and leaned in close to my face, "You~" She cooed and pulled away. I snickered and shook my head,

"Leave me and my wife alone." I said sternly. "I love her more than anything." I said proudly.

"Can't do it, Desmond." She said with a wink, walking back.

"And what will you gain in the end?"

"We will leave it for the end. Let's see what will happen now." I grit my teeth and she was about to leave but stopped. She put her hand on the door frame and then turned to me and smirked,

"Just an advice Desmond." She began to say, "Watch your surroundings. You cannot beat Henry's mind." She said cockily.

"I don't need you to tell me that." I muttered knowing how Henry can sway people easily, how he can manipulate anyone on the snap of his fingers and fighting his mind is a great task.

"Glad you know." She said and then left, leaving me lost in undesirable thoughts which affected my mind a lot, causing me to worry about every single step I even thought to take.

***

"That's why you hate me, don't you!?" She yelled at me because she found out that our marriage was a contract. My father wants me to find my salvation but I have no intentions of seeking so I always pushed her away and didn't want both of us to be broken because of me.

She fell on the ground letting out all the grief I have given her.

When the sound of her cries reached my ears, I felt so sorrowful. It broke my heart to hear her cries. I don't know, When I wanted to make her miserable so that she could free herself then why upon seeing her misery broke me apart?

I was supposed to make her hate me and now the disgust is reflecting in her eyes. It shattered me. I took a step closer, wanting to stop her cries but she shouted at me,

"Don't you dare to come closer!" She continued to sob loudly. I felt so guilty for doing this to her but it would be better this way, if she stays away from me, neither she will be mournful nor I have to hurt her.

"Ester... Listen... Please... I want-" I tried to speak but she spoke up,

"I don't care what you want! I want liberation from this hell!" She wiped her tears and stood up and gave me a seething look. My heart clenched to see that look in her eyes but I didn't said anything,

"You want to be freed from this marriage. Fine, I'll release you." She threw the contract papers at my face as well as the shackle that binds her in this loveless marriage; her wedding ring.

I was flabbergast, my heart stopped, my breath caught up in my throat. I couldn't fathom what happened. When I knew that was going to happen all along then why do I want to refuse this irrefutable reality now? I was staggered, losing my ability to think but I know it's for the best to let her go.

I let her go. I was determined to let her go. I was suppose to

I dropped her off at her home. But when I came back, I couldn't hold myself any longer and broke into sobs. Why does it hurt so much? I don't know what took over me, all I could feel is a tingling sensation of pain and remorse filling me up.

And after thinking about it I realized, I couldn't let her go. I don't know about love but I need her. In my life, the absence of her is killing me. I have to get her back.

I was ready to start over things with her, this time, not with a feeling of being disdain but something memorable but the greatest thorn in my path stopped me.

It's been a week since Ester left and I was devastated, I just want to get her back. After she left, I realized the importance of her presence.

"You are thinking about redeeming your deeds, are you?" Henry asked, leaning on the sofa as I was pacing around the room. "Shut up. I will get her back." I said angrily.

"She is already furious that you married her because of a contract. Would she be able to go back to you when she hears what happened to Grace? ... Basically the same is happening to her..." He said with a smug look. "What does it have to do with her?" I asked, exasperated.

"You want to get her back, don't you Desmond."

"I need her, Henry." I said desperately, "I will do anything just please don't tell her anything. Don't stop me." I begged, on the verge of crying.

"If you promise you will not love her or ask for forgiveness... then I will not talk to her about it." He said sternly. "Then how am I supposed to get her back, if I cannot ask for forgiveness?" I asked in disbelief. She already hated me and if I did anything else, she would resent me for the rest of her life and I don't want that.

"I don't care. Intimidate her, you are skilled in doing that." He winked with a smirk. I looked at him in extreme loathe and fury but I know I am powerless right now. My top priority right now is to get Ester back. With or without force.

"Fine." I scowled and left to meet her. She was asking for a divorce and my heart was bursting from pain but I have to be skeptical about it or else ... I just don't want her to get away from me.

Later, I met her and said I wanted to talk to her alone. And intimidated her to stay with me.

"I can't get enough of you." I said huskily and controlled all these urges of mine that are driving me crazy. Petrified, Ester was left with no choice but to obey me as she shuddered in fear, "..I-I'll tell e-everyone "