Chapter # 13

We went home and Desmond held a pissed look on his face all the time. I feel like I am going back to my nightmare. Like, what happened between us before leaving is nothing but my illusion. Dread filled me up and the urge to go back to that time or to back to La Corte mansion rose in me. Mr and Mrs Corte are so nice. They took great care of me. They are so different from Desmond. We went home. I went to my room and took a quick shower. I forgot my clothes outside. I wrapped the towel around me and quickly locked the door. If Desmond walked in, he'd be so angry and if he saw my scar, it's gonna give him a new reason to mock me. I was wearing my clothes and heard a knock,

"Ester, Open the door." Desmond's voice startled me. I quickly wore my jeans and Shirt and opened the door.

"What took you so long?"Desmond said. He stares at me amusingly. Being dumb-found by his expression, I simply replied,

"I-I was changing... " He sighed and went inside.

"You're in such a hurry that you wear the shirt inside out." He said monotonously. I blushed and went to the bathroom to change my dress.

I got out and saw Desmond leaning on the wall. He pushed me away and was about to enter the bathroom, but I called him,

"Desmond!"

"What?!", He asked, irritated. I glared at him that he is once again back to that cold Desmond.

"Nothing, You Rude Guy!" I rudely said and turn to leave but he held my wrist and said,

"Okay, tell me, what is it?" He said in a less irritated tone. I narrowed my eyes at him, "Ester, tell me. " He said softly finally as I smiled.

"Can I plant a yellow rose in the garden?" I asked sweetly for his permission. He stared at me for a while,

"Do as you please with the garden." He said as he went inside. I grinned at him.

"Thank you!" I beamed and left.

I went to the garden and asked Sean; the gardener,

"Have you bought the seeds and fertilizer?"He nodded,

"Yes, Ma'am," He handed me the seeds and the fertilizer.

I sowed the seed. Sean tried to stop me but my love for nature just can't be described. My hands were dirty. With my soiled hands, I went inside the house. I was so happy. I walked in and bumped into the king of my frights. My blood turned cold. Adrenaline rushed through my veins. My soiled hands dirtied his coat. I gasped when I looked at him. He looked so angry. He looked at my hand then at me. I swallow the lump in my throat. I mouthed "sorry". But his intense gaze crushed me. He grabbed my wrist and took me inside.

My heart began to thump very loudly. He dragged me to our room.

"Wash your hands and come to my studies." He ordered as he left.

My hands were cold as ice. I fiddled my fingers and entered his studies. Not again. I ruined everything by my stupidity.

His glare is making my soul give up on me. My terrified form stood in front of him. He is extremely angry. "It isn't even much of an issue that I soiled your clothes a little." I said casually, putting my hand on my waist. "Who cares about it?" He said. "Then?"
"We need to talk." He said. I nodded, letting him continue.

"You know what Ester?" He motioned me to come near him. I walked closer. I gulped and looked away. He held my hands and pulled me closer to him. My heart began to pound fast. I looked at his eyes. They show an emotion I didn't get, it's not affection but it isn't his dominance either. His eyes are hiding all the cruel plans he has in his mind for me. It's not like before. It's something... lethal. He turned me around, my back was pressed against his chest. And my silly self gives in; into his fake affection.

His one hand held my abdomen while his other hand took a strand of my hair in his hand. I released a soft breath. I relaxed a little in his arms. There's nothing more I want other than that in this world. It's something I have strived for the past months. Little do I know that this affection is fake. A show of fake love just to show me my place that I still have contempt. That my worth is still the same for him.

"I don't want to do it.." I heard a barely audible tone. The voice was filled with intense sorrow and dolorous. I can't make it that is it from Desmond or by someone else. Thinking of it as my imagination, I continued to lose myself in his warmth.

The moment I lost myself in his embrace his grip tightened; making me realize that I'm still the person he despises.

"Ever since you have come into my life, you have caused nothing but trouble.." I opened my mouth to say something but he clenched my jaws as he nuzzled himself in my neck. I feel like crushing under the weight of his cruel words.

"You are an eyesore. You are worthless in my eyes. I hate how you came into my life; ruining it. I don't love you. You are forced upon me. "He turned me around as he let go of me,

"Why the hell are you in my life!? You are getting on my nerves! It pisses me off whenever I see that face of yours!" I just looked at him, stopping my urge to cry as he continued to tell me what's in his heart, What is always in his heart. What he always felt about me. What my worth is, in his eyes.

"Why are you trying so hard to win my love?! Why are you practically begging for my attention!? Why the hell are you doing this!? " He pulled his hair in stress. As if he is stressed by himself not by me. He was speaking to me but it seems like he was convincing himself. But, the fact remains he is saying those hurtful things to me and breaking not my heart but my soul too.

"I am your wife, what's wrong if I crave your love and attention! I have already asked you If you want to stay with me or not. If you want to continue this damn hatred of yours, do it with someone else! I am also a human and have feelings! I also deserve to be loved and I have no intentions of spending my life with scum like you!" I yelled at him. His expressions changed in a split second and were replaced by an inexplicable expression. I know that expression well but I don't want to believe in it. He is a liar. He can never love anyone.

I left him alone.

..The hatred of yours burned me to ashes... There's nothing left...