Chapter # 41

Ester, let's call it the origin of the life we sought...

It's been two months since everything. Everything is pretty much normal. Our life came back on track. It's like the solace a soldier receives after coming home from a very long quest.

The serenity rushed in me, I could close my eyes without the fear of any ravage, the last ounce of my anguish ended and there's nothing which can go wrong now.

Everything is perfect. I have found my path, the angel who will guide my path. There are no more thorns, each step is now taken under the path of silk towards the desirable life I dreamed of.

I am thankful for Ester. If it wasn't for her this would never be possible. I never thought a day would come where I can take a breath of peace.

She gave me hope, stood by my side in my hardest time to share my pain. I am thankful for the fate which brought her to me.

She is my blessing, her coming in my life is no less than an exquisite angel descending for me.

Her determination to love me, the power of her undying love and delusions brought me close as we met and turned our bond into a perfect bond forged with undying love and delusion.

The more I think about it, the more my love for her increases.

Today is Sunday so I woke up early and prepared breakfast for us. I want to spend every second with her, to create memories we never had time for.

To sing the songs of love we always wanted to. To live the life we craved.

I went to our room and saw Ester sleeping peacefully. I smiled and sat beside her. I removed the hairs falling on her face and leaned in as I whispered in her ears, "Wake up..."

Ester being a heavy sleeper, my sweet cooking didn't have any affect on her. I chuckled and shook her, "Ester, wake up."

Again, no reply. I sighed and slid my hands inside her shirt and tickled her.

She burst into laughter, her eyes shot open, she quickly moved back and was about to fall from the bed but I held her back.

"Morning, My Sapphire Goddess." I kissed the tip of her nose and helped her to sit up.

She yawned and said groggily, "Why did you wake me up so soon?"

"I made breakfast for us so I thought I would wake you up." I said, setting her shirt which was hanging from her shoulder.

She hummed and put her head on my lap, "Desmond..." Ester called me. I looked at her, stroking the side of her face tenderly.

"Yes?"

"I am so happy." She smiled, holding my hand. "Me too." I replied. "I am talking about the baby.." She giggled. Yes, she is four months pregnant and I can barely control my exhilaration.

"I am referring to both. Our baby and redemption." I whispered, brushing my nose against hers.

"There are no more boundaries. Neither yours nor mine." She sat up and hugged me.

She kissed my cheek, "I shall go and fresh up. Until then, Make mango juice for me. Love you." She chuckled and left.

"I already did." I said.

"Thanks." her voice came from the bathroom. I shook my head and waited for her to get ready.

She tied her hair in a side bun but I walked up to her and opened it, letting her hair fall. "I like them this way." I winked, taking a hold of her hand and walking out.