Chapter # 37

Ester, I may not show it properly but I love you more than you can believe and imagine.

"Seems like Henry has told everyone the same story. If he is insisting on the same story there must be something about it." Emily mused.

She is right. I wonder why he is repeating the same story to everyone. Is there a reason behind it? I need to go to the depth of darkness to find what he is hiding. I nodded in understanding,

"You are right. There must be something he was trying to tell or hide." I said. She is right, there has to be something I could see all this time.

"The main thing there is Grace's pregnancy and your decline." She pointed.

"It's not the truth then why is he telling this?" I sighed, shaking my head in distress.

He kept repeating about her pregnancy. Why is he insisting on it? Now that Emily pointed it out, it has to be something.

"We need to find it." She said, closing her arms at her chest but then I remembered a very important thing.

I realized I need to take care of things from outside, there's no need for me to worry about finding his weak point, what he is hiding.

"No need for us to do it." I said firmly, leaning back.

A smirk came to her lips and she nodded, "I never thought a day like this would come." She smiled.

"Neither do I." I replied.

"But it has. And watch what she'll do." I smirked. "I am looking forward to it." Her smirk grew wider.

"Anyways, Emily." I called her.

She hummed and I continued, "Henry has also brainwashed your sister Tamara. She has caused great trouble." I told her.

"Troubles like what?" She asked, raising an eyebrow and I told her what tribulations occurred because of Tamara.

Being an elder sister,her eyes burned when she heard about the deeds of her younger sister. She was furious.

Emily listened carefully as I told her everything and she sighed in disappointment.

"She is a drag. I told her not to get involved in it. I will talk to her, I am sorry for the trouble she has caused." She said sincerely. I passed her a smile but then it faltered as I looked down.

"It's okay... By the way, Emily, I... also want to redeem my mistake." I said rather nervously.

"What do you mean?" She asked.

"What I did was a low-level act." I felt ashamed. I have made enough mistakes and I don't want to make more and if there is any chance to make them right, I won't let it get out of my hands.

"I shouldn't have given rise to the misunderstanding between you and Jake." I said guilt-ridden.

She looked away, not knowing what to say. It created an awkwardness but I need to talk about it.

She hugged her sides and took a deep breath, "Maybe that evoked the kindness in me." She whispered sadly to herself.

"And I want to make my mistake right." I said standing up and motioning toward the table behind us, "Jake." I called him.

Emily's eyes widened in shock when she saw Jack, her ex-fiance there. He stood up and waved at her, "Hey... it's been a while."

He passed her a faint smile. It brought tears to Emily's eyes, she was too shocked to react. She covered her face with her mouth, crying.