Chapter # 26

I remained there. I crawled to bed and put my chin on it. I set the flashlight to the wall and stare at it. My lips formed a thin line as I stared at it. None of your affection will affect me now Desmond. I am truly broken. I don't think I'll be able to trust you ever again. You have shattered me in such a miserable way that I can't even trust my delusions. You are successful in breaking my heart and soul. You even crushed all my optimistic facades- along with those dreams I treasured deeply. Everything is ruined and my heart is in an isolated place with no intentions of redemption.

I blinked and put my hand in the air. My hand shadow cast on the wall. I began to move my hand in random positions to cast different shadows. I chuckle to myself as I get lost in that. I formed a half heart because my other hand was holding the phone. I smiled a little at the incomplete heart, it's just like my dreams.. incomplete.

My mouth gaped when my heart was completed with someone else's hand. A shadow of a complete heart cast on the wall. My hand is so small compared to that hand. I turned and saw Desmond sitting beside me. He smiled at me. I quickly pulled my hand away and stood up. I grabbed my phone from the bed. I walked past him but he held my wrist. I stopped as the lights came back. I turned to him and slowly lifted my gaze to meet his Silver eyes that are filled with deep regret and desperation. He was devastated from stress. I looked at him emotionlessly as he narrowed his eyes in a begging manner.

That's what I did. I begged you to release me from this anguish, I begged you to liberate me. I begged you to love me, to stop all this, but you never took pity upon me and broke me helplessly.

"Ester, I know I have broken my promise... I am truly sorry. Please give me a chance... I will never hurt you ever again." He asked, he was on the verge of crying. I pulled my hand away from him and gave him a void look. Even though I felt like being stabbed by looking at him like that.

"Promise isn't the only thing you broke... You broke my trust as well"

I coldly said and left him alone.

1 Week Later:-

I was smiling, looking at the garden. Since Desmond isn't home, I can roam around the house. In this whole week, I haven't seen him, not even once. I remained in another room when he's home. I ate in my room. I keep my room locked So, he won't come in. I can't be with him. I am far too scared to even spend a second with him. I want to be away from him as much as possible. I don't want to fall for his affection. I know it, if he remained like that, I'll forgive him eventually and that's what I don't want.

He broke my trust. Even if I forgive him, I can never relax in his presence. I will be haunted by his very being. He can't remove those terrors. My frights are far too much than my love. The feeling of uneasiness will always linger in my heart. There's no point in that.

I sighed and looked down. I felt something on my head as well as a presence behind me.

I put my hand on my head and turned to see Desmond. He smiled brightly and said,

"I am home" I rolled off my eyes from him,

"Welcome home," I said coldly. I guess greeting him has become a part of my routine. I always greet him whenever I see him.

I pulled down what's in my head. It's the flower crown I made a few moments ago. Desmond took the crown and put it over my head again, his smile not leaving him. What's wrong with him? His every action alarms me.

" Haven't seen you in a week," He said as if he was really happy to see me. I backed away and went inside. Desmond also walked beside me,

"Ester, please, I'll do anything to win your trust."

I went inside my room and closed the door on his face.

I leaned on the door and began to cry. I closed my eyes as tears began to fall. I am too scared. I don't want to go through that again. I can't live with him. I sat on the ground. I saw the shadow of something outside the door. Seems like he is also sitting outside.

Please don't tend my scars... Just how many pieces are you gonna fix? It would be better if you leave me...

I hugged my side tightly. I can't live with him. My life is getting harder day by day.

It's dinner time and me finally; after a week. Decided to go for it. I opened the door. Desmond jerked up when the door opened. He was also sitting like me outside the room. I looked at him as I walked past him. He came behind me. I stopped and looked at him. He looks like his mind is in chaos, in the depths of despair. I pity him, but I have made up my mind. I took a step back and stood beside him,

"Come..let's have dinner.," I said monotonously. His face lit up. I look away. A glimpse of hope sparkled inside him, when he looked at me. Little do he know, nothing could fix my broken shard anymore, I am utterly shattered; beyond saving and his actions are giving me nothing but intense detest. I cannot take the pain anymore, I'm done.

Your little desperation can't be compared to the hellish nightmares I had spent with you.

You are disgusting to me. Stop it!!