Chapter # 29

Sunlight penetrates through the curtain, falling on my face, waking me up from my deep slumber. I woke up in my comfortable bed. I sat up and stretched. I yawned as the door knocked. There's no need to ask, I know it must be Savannah.

"Come in," I said, yawning. My face flushed as Desmond entered.

"Good Morning," He said as I quickly shifted and asked him,

"Where's Savannah?"

"I made breakfast for you So, I thought I would call you." I nodded as I got out of bed.

"I am waiting for you in the dining hall." He said as he left.

I took a quick shower. I changed into black jeans and a gray shirt. I tied my hair in a ponytail and went to the dining hall. I sat with Desmond and began to eat.

"It's Good," I said as I ate my breakfast.

"Glad you liked it." He smiled. He is smiling too much. His smile is scaring me. I feel like anytime he'll show his dominance and will tell me to stay in this marriage even if I don't want to. I didn't meet his gaze and continued to eat my food.

After eating, we both were standing in the dining hall. My hands were closed at my chest. Desmond turned to me, my heart skipped a beat when he took a step closer. His eyes are filled with his dominance and anger. I gulped and silently prayed for him to walk past me. I took a step back when he took a step closer. My back hit the wall, I gasped and looked at Desmond's eyes that were filled with his usual dominance. Dread consumed my body. Not Again. My lips began to quiver. He put his hands on either side of me. My voice stuck in my throat. I want to push him away but my strength is being drained away from me. Desmond leaned in and I turned my head away from him. I was letting out short breaths of fright.

"Shh... It's alright, Ester... " Desmond said in a gentle tone. His dominance filled eyes are now filled with intense Love. His eyes are reflecting a look of fondness. He didn't touch me. His eyes, his presence, his whole being is filled with tenderness.

"It's alright, Ester. I won't hurt you ever again, I promise." Desmond smiled, still trapping me in his arms. He is filled with affection. I wish he showed that before. Right now, it's scaring me.

"Y-You broke y-your p-promise" I manage to shudder in fear.

"Please give me a chance. I swear, I won't do it again." Desmond said in a reassuring tone. But, my petite form is far too scared to believe in any of his assurance.

"Take a deep breath and calm down. I want you to relax. There's nothing to be afraid of" Desmond continued to calm me down. I took a deep breath and relaxed a little. Desmond smiled widely.

"See..." He removed his hands and began to leave.

"Take care.." I said to him,

"Thanks!" Desmond said as he left.

For a few days, Desmond is too nice to me. He continuously smiles at me. He made breakfast for me. And overly affectionate. For an instant, I want to give in , but I am far too scared. I was looking at the sky, gazing at the stars. I watch them with faze, A strange feeling of immense lull wash over me whenever I gaze at the stars.

"I am home..." I heard Desmond's voice from behind.

"Welcome home. You're late." I said looking at him. Desmond hasn't changed yet. He came to me and sat on the bench with me.

"Too much work..." He said.

"Since Mr Corte had freed himself from the business life, It must be hard to maintain the whole La Corte's Business alone." I almost taunt him- referring to the contract.