Epilogue

10 Years Later:-

I came back from work. Me and Jake become business partners and quite close friends. The hatred between Ester and Emily has also ended and they have grown closer.

Our life is on the right track. My life is blessed. We have a 9 years old son as well. His name is Matthew. He has gray eyes just like me and raven hairs but his personality is like Ester.

My life is completed. There's nothing I need anymore. Whenever I think about the euphoria I have been bestowed with, it brings tears to my eyes.

I wanted to cry from happiness for having a beautiful life filled with love and devotion. I have offered my life to them. All the delight knocked on my door and gave me endless smiles.

My gaze lowered in defeat but then I saw her greetings coming to me, singing the muffled songs which called my name, taking me to the world of eternal solace.

I entered our home, My eyes searched for the tranquility of my eyes. Before I could ask for Ester or Matthew a voice came, "COME HERE!!" Ester's infuriated voice came.

I stopped in my tracks and turned to see Matthew who was running around the house. She ran after him, a smile came to my lips when I looked at her.

Matthew ran and hugged me. I picked him up asked asked, ruffling his hairs,

"Father! Hide me! Mother is coming." He said hurriedly.

"Where am I supposed to hide you?" I asked, looking around for a place to hide him but to no avail as Ester came in with a pout.

I quickly turned my attention to her and asked with a sweet smile, "Sup? What's the rush?"

I came to Ester and pecked her cheeks. Ester sighed and shook her head.

"Welcome Home." She greeted me then turned her attention to Matthew.

"Matthew, come we have to get ready." She told him strictly but he hugged me.

"Father! We are not going to a party. It's boring. Please can we go somewhere else?" Matthew asked with puppy eyes.

I looked at him and how I could refuse him. I honestly don't want to go as well but due to our mutual understanding I agreed with Matthew. Jake can handle things himself.

"Where do you want to go?" I asked.

"Don't Spoil him." She scolded me. Well, who can go against the Queen of the home. I nodded and whispered to Matthew.

"We'll go somewhere else" I winked at Matthew as Ester sighed and looked at us. She smiled looking at us. I also smiled back. "It's good to sneak out sometimes." I said with a grin. "Okay.. Okay..." She put her hand in the air.

"Yay!" Matthew cheered and bumped fists with me.

"Let's go!" He got down and pulled my hand. "Hey, At least let me freshen up." I said.

He grinned and nodded, "Be quick. I am waiting." He said.

"You got me, Sir." I saluted and went to my room.

"Desmond..." Ester called me. I hummed. She came to me and took off my tie. She was looking down, not saying anything. "Are you okay?" I asked.

"I want to ask you something..." She said nervously. I wrapped my arms around her and pulled her close, "You can tell me anything."

I smiled, resting my forehead against hers.

"I.. uh.. You know I wasn't feeling well.." She said,

"Yeah. I told you to go to the doctor." I said, not getting what she is talking about.

"Desmond... I know Matthew is nine years old but... what do you think about having.. another child?" She asked, not looking up.

I blinked trying to register her words. My reaction was the same when I heard about Matthew.

"Really?!" I asked excitedly. She looked at me and bit her bottom lip and nodded.

I picked her up and spun her around. "I am so happy, Ester. I love you so much." She chuckled nervously.

I put her down and kissed her. "I am so happy. Of course I want another kid." I grinned.

She smiled and hugged. "I thought you wouldn't want one.. after all these years." She whispered. I hugged her back and kissed her neck.

"Never think about it. My life starts with you and our kids and ends with you guys."

I hugged her tightly and nuzzled her neck. My heart burst from happiness and emitted from me in the form of tears.

"I am so happy... I love you so much."

I whispered, holding her close, letting out silent tears. Ester rubbed my back, "Don't cry Desmond."

"I am so content. I cannot even explain it." I said, pulling away and wiping my tears.

Ester kissed the back of my palm and smiled, "I love you."

"I love you too." I kissed her forehead.

And after hearing the good news, We went out. We first went to a park. I played with Matthew and Ester watched us from afar.

"Father! Let's go to the slide!" Matthew chirped. I nodded and watched him playing.

"I wish Eric would be here as well." He said referring to Emily and Jake's son.

They both got married a year later and had a son. Matthew is close to him.

"They are where we're supposed to be as well." I said.

He chuckled and after playing he was hungry. We went home, Matthew took a bath as we ordered food.

I looked at Ester and Matthew. My heart boosted in exhilaration when I thought about having another child. When I look at them, I find reasons to live.

My heart overflowed in exhilaration. Deeply rejoiced to have this family, this life. The inexplicable rapture is immense. This is where my world starts and ends.

I want nothing but to live here. This place is where I want to close my eyes and live forever. ...

The light of hope shone in my world filled with darkness. Giving me the best gift I could ever receive. You... Ester.