Chapter # 15

I felt so heartbroken. I felt like I was betrayed. The first time in my life I loved someone and that's what happened to me. Just what sin have I committed that life is punishing me like this? Is it my fault that I love him dearly? That I want to be loved by him. Am I nothing but a burden?

It stabs my heart to remember all the agony I have felt. Is that why he is hating me that much; to cancel the marriage. To free himself from this cursed marriage.

I looked at him. His eyes are fixed on the road. This is what he always wanted. What he is trying to achieve in all these past 10 months. His eyes are still the same. Cold.

"You should have told me that our marriage is a contract. I would have left you on the very first day. Heck, I didn't even agree to marry you." I said, glaring at him. He grit his teeth as we stopped at the red signal. He lowered his head and whispered in a croaked voice,

"I am sorry." I chuckled dryly when I heard it. I looked at him in seething and said enraged, "Your sorry cannot compensate for the tears I shed or what you did to my hands. It cannot fix anything." He didn't raise his head and remained like this, listening.

"I'm so sorry."

"I hate myself for marrying you, for loving you. Thank you for breaking my already broken heart." I pressed my teeth against themselves, hiding my pain. This all is just a contract to him in the first place,

He dropped me at home and I said before leaving,

"I'll send you the divorce papers."

I entered, mother and father came to me and looked at my bags and asked with a concerned look,

"What happened Ester!?" My eyes that are fixed on the floor met my mother's worried eyes.

"I can't live with him!" I declared, closing my arms at my chest and looking away.

"Tell us, what happened?" Mother asked. My pain is far from their comprehension.

"I just can't live with him.." I broke into sobs, hugging my mother..I cried enough to dry my eyes out. Father looked extremely angry. He was about to leave but I stopped him.

"Please don't.."Seeing My crying mess from father stopped.

I wiped my eyes and went to my room.

I fall in the bed as a tear release itself.

It's the same room in which I dream of becoming Mrs Corte. The dream of living a hellish nightmare.

He never loved me. This is all nothing but a contract to him. My worth is still the same in his eyes. Ever since we have met I have had nothing but contempt for him. That's why I am an eyesore to him. I turned and bit my lips to muffle my cries.

I loved him so much. That's how he returned my love? How I die every day just for his love. How I bear his terrors in the hope that these terrors will be replaced by his affection.That his arms will be wrapped around me protectively. He broke me. He shattered me to pieces. He betrayed me without even loving me... He shattered me completely.

1 Week Later:-

It's been a week. Mother and Father asked me about the reason but I wasn't able to tell them. They understand that I can't tell them and don't force me. Mother tried to talk me out but, no avail. I can't bound him into forced marriage. This is nothing but a contract in his eyes.

My broken form walks down the stairs as everyone is waiting in the Living Room. I entered and saw Mother and Father. Mr and Mrs Corte gave me an apologetic look.

"Are you sure about this?"Mrs Corte asked. I nodded.

"I need to talk to Ester alone," Desmond announced. I was startled when I heard his voice. Everyone nodded and left. I practically begged them not to go in my heart.