Chapter # 19

I smiled as I walked through the hallways of my high school.

"Hey, Ester!! Come!" My friends called me.

"Coming!" I grinned as I walked to them. As I was walking towards them, I stumbled and fell on the ground.

"Can't you watch?! SG!" SG... Almost everyone called me that. Scar Girl. I looked down as I walked to my friends. They smiled and comforted me.

"It's alright, leave them be," Emily reassured as I passed her a weak smile.

After a few months, they called me to the bathroom.

"Emily? Anne? Giselle?" I called them but I didn't hear anything. I turned around as I heard the 'click' sound of the door being closed. My heart began to beat faster.

"Emily... Open the door..." I said. She put her index finger on her lips and smirked,

"How about 'No'? SG" She hissed as I took a step back. My eyes teared up. My back hit something hard. I turned and saw Giselle and Anne. They all are smirking. I gulped as I tried to get away but they held me. I began to cry out loud and Anne covered my mouth while Giselle opened a few buttons of my shirt.

"Stay Still SG!" Emily yelled as she began to take pictures of my ugly scar. I cried and cried but no one listened...

*****

I suddenly woke up screaming.

"What happened?!" I heard the exasperated voice of Desmond because I woke him up. My breathless formed, screamed again as I jerked back. I fell from the bed and crawled into a corner as I let out loud cries of misery. I was so afraid, my fears were at their peak.

Desmond rushed to my side as I crawled back in fear.

"Are you alright, Ester?" He asked softly, bending to my level. I shut my eyes and put my hands in the air,

"Getaway!" I shouted and began to cry. My messy form is being suffocated. It was so hard to breathe.

"Please... Stay away... " I sobbed as my face filled with tears. I couldn't open my eyes. I thought I angered Desmond by my action. He must be angry. He's already angered and now he must be furious. My petrified form began to sob very loudly. I am terrorized by that nightmare.

Instead of Desmond's anger, I was greeted by his arm, wrapping themselves protectively around me. He pulled me close as my breath hitched.

"Shh... It's alright... I am here.." He said in a comforting manner as he rubbed my back. I tried to get away. I am really startled by his actions. It scares me.

"You hate my scar too!" I cried as I tried to get away. But, he held me close.

"I don't... If I do, Why would I kiss it?" He said in a gentle tone, trying to calm me down. I sniffed as I grabbed his shirt and put my head on his chest, unintentionally. I began to cry out loud. My tears soaked his shirt as he rubbed my back, trying to soothe me. The terror of that day still haunts me. My whole body trembled from dread. The gasps of fright escaped by my lips. My mind is in the depths of my terror. The pain, the agony, is too much to bear. It's crushing me helplessly.

"I don't want to be hurt! Not anymore!" I sobbed.

"It's alright, I won't let anyone hurt you..." I sniffed as I looked up and looked at him. He looked so worried. He cupped my cheek with affection, his other hand not leaving my back. He leans in. I began to release heavy pants. He got so close to me. Our lips almost touch. I closed my eyes as I spoke up in a vague whisper,