Chapter # 40

Ester, Finally....

"..- Her lovely brother was a drug dealer. She knew it but kept it a secret. What the happy siblings didn't know was the despair chasing them. When the girl was trying to overcome her breakup her beloved brother's deal had some issues which led him to great trouble." She continued.

"It was missing a part where no one knew what happened to the drug dealer but all he knew he had to pay a debt. He was stuck."

Chuckling, she sighed deeply.

"Listen carefully, it is the climax. When he was left with no choice, all he could see was his beautiful sister. And to avoid the death threats, he offered his sister to them for one night." All her amusement faded when she said it.

"It took him a few seconds to turn from the best brother to a heartless devil. He could hear the sound of her sister's scream, he pushed her into the fire. He is pure evil. To save himself, he used his sister." She hissed as I cannot believe what he did to Grace.

"Later, his sister went through severe depression. He needed someone to put blame on and he remembered his sister used to date a playboy. Playboy used his charm, not mind as he believed what is happening to the girl is his fault."

"But everything shattered when the girl was found pregnant and not being able to bear this anymore. She sent a final goodbye message to her lover and killed herself." She hissed, curling her hands in a fist.

I was disgusted beyond words but he was staggered.

"But the story doesn't end here, after her death. Her brother needed to take away all the eyes from him and his target was the infamous heartbreak who can play the flute. He put the blame of her death on him and cleared his own path." She growled, barely controlling her rage.

"Everything was fine. But he made one mistake. He should have destroyed her pregnancy papers and her diary but he didn't and here we go. BOOM!"

"Someone discovered it and the punishment of his sins will be given to him. Um... For dealing with drugs in the past, forcing his sister to sleep with random dudes, blackmailing a guy for years and spreading fake stories in the air." Ester finished.

Henry turned pale upon hearing it. Ester's tone remained cheery the whole time she told him the story. The mockery lingering from her voice gave me shudders.

It was pure venom hidden in her. There wasn't any anger in her voice. I couldn't understand her demeanor and waited for her to explode.

"Do me a favor, Mr Joseph." Ester leaned in and finally a scowl appeared on her face as he growled.

"Since I don't know much about cursing, Think of the worst swearing you have heard and call yourself it." She moved back.

I also growled and gave him a disgusting look. Ester looked away and burst, "How could you do this to your own sister!?"

"How do you know?" He asked, losing his breath. Ester scoffed and told him,

"I have already told Desmond I will do what I should and I did. Remember, I came to your place a few days ago and asked you to get me something to eat from outside on your way back from work. It was an easy task for me to find things"

I then remembered when we met at the concert.

***

I went to the park, and there was a concert going on. I mixed up in the crowd as my eyes searched for the person who helped me all this time and now gained the ultimate weapon to win against Henry. Ester. The one helping me from the shadows and not letting Henry know.

"I found it." She pulled my arm, I was about to turn to her but she stopped me. She was standing behind me and handed me the papers.

"I found it in his studies. The key to all questions and your insecurities." She said,

"How did you go to his place?" I asked, taking the envelope. "Few tears and explanations were enough." She replied.

"What are they?" I looked at the envelope and asked her.

"What's in here anyways?" She scowled and let go of me, "Some utterly dark and disgusting truths."

"Like?"

"So revolting that if I speak about them, my tongue will need purification." She growled. "If you are infuriated then it must be very bad." I mumbled.

"Very." She snarled. "We will put the curtains off from the hidden part. This is the missing piece." She said.

"Okay then..."

"Now listen very carefully..." She began to tell me about the execution at the end.

"Decide on the place, we will meet there. I'll make a late entry to see Henry's reaction. I shall tell him everything. I will also call the police when I reach the place. When I tell him about our plan, the police will come and arrest him for his deed. Blackmailing someone is also a crime and what he did to Grace is a sin. Anyways, don't let him know about the arrival of the police."

I listened to her carefully and nodded, "Okay I understand. But why the police?" I asked. "You will know when you read the papers." She said,

"I need to go now and yeah, keep Emily and her sister out of it."

And she disappeared thin into the air before I could take a look at her, she was no more there and I stood there with the papers which were going to end everything in my hands.

"Your game is over Henry." Ester said firmly. He looked around frantically, knowing there's no escape anymore.

"No..." he whispered.

"Yes. It's over Henry. You should've burned Grace's diary along with the reports of hers. Still. If you haven't. You have still blackmailed me for something I never did for years. Either way, there's no escape for you." I said, standing up.

"You lost the day you came to me, Henry." Ester also stood up. We gave him a piercing cold gaze as Henry lost his breath, he was at the dead-end. There was no way out of the ravage he brought upon himself.

"You are the one who is behind her death. You couldn't accept this fact and put the blame on me but the reality is the one who killed her is you. It happened because of you."

"NO! It wasn't my fault.. It wasn't. IT WASN'T!" He was fretting, losing his track. After leading the devastation and becoming the reason of many despair, he never thought he would fall.

It came as an utmost shock for him. He couldn't make what's happening, he had lost his senses. He was lost.

"You told the truth. Grace was pregnant. No one knew by whom and why. That was your mistake to bring the truth to light. You told Mr Corte, Tamara and me the same story. We just have to pick out the common points and here we are." Ester explained to him.

"You thought you were flawless but you never were. You have the advantage of taking over me and the moment I broke your cage as the tables turned and everything came to my favor." I said direly.

He pressed his teeth against themselves, looking around, thinking of a way to escape this status.

"I won't lose this easily. I won't!"

Henry was about to run away but someone grabbed his collar, "Mr Joseph." The cops came. The officer held his collar, giving him a death-stare to not do something funny.

"You are coming with us." Officer said. "NO! I am not!"

He began to struggle, "Don't make me force you." He slapped him hard and dragged him away as he continued to yell and struggle.

'They took him away. The root of evil was gone.'

After they took him, I sighed and wrapped my arms Ester's shoulder, we both let out a sigh of relief and looked at each other.

It ended, my years of nightmares, the reason behind the dominance and the subjugation of Ester and mine. The villain is no more here.

"It's the end." I smiled widely, kissing her forehead. She smiled back and put her hand over mine and whispered, "It is."