Chapter # 6

1 Week Later:-

It's been a week since our marriage. Every day I wake up, hoping that today will be better than yesterday. But, all days are the same. Desmond didn't even acknowledge my existence. I greet him with a smile, on the other hand, him; Who didn't even bother to spare a glance at me. It didn't bother me because he didn't mock me. I'm happy that he is not passing any rude comment or showing any kind of dominance.

I woke up usually with the same cheer and joy. A new day; a new start. I stretched, I saw Desmond coming out of the bathroom. Our eyes met. I quickly put my hands down. His Bored eyes looked at me as I smiled at him,

"Good Morning!"I exclaimed. He scoffed but my smile didn't disappear. I got up and went to the bathroom. I took a quick shower.

We're having our breakfast silently.

"Ester," Finally after a week, Desmond called my name. I looked at him.

"Yes?"I asked.

"We are going on our honeymoon." He announced. I choked on my food. He looked at me with a look of disapproval. I drank water and looked at him. We stare at each other. His eyes show a hint of Anger.

"Do you have anything to say?"Desmond asked without breaking the stare.

"N-No. Y-Yes.".He raised his eyebrow.

"Speak. I haven't got all day for you." His stare turned into a glare.

"When are we going?"I asked. He stood up and looked at me.

"I'll tell you when the time comes."He said as he left.

"Fine then. Pack my stuff yourself then." I shrugged and he didn't reply and... he actually packed my stuff!

***

We've been driving for the past 2 hours. I am so tired and in a desperate need of peaceful sleep. First our flight, Now this. And he's not telling me anything at all. "Where are we going? I am hungry and tired." I complained. "Shut up, Ester." He said angrily. "I am hungry." I said sternly. He scowled and stopped the car. He took a bar of snickers and gave it to me, "Eat it and keep your mouth shut." I smiled when he gave me the chocolate, "Thanks." I said sincerely and began to eat it.

Finally, after a devilishly long ride, we came to a halt. We got out. My mouth was agape when I saw a beautiful house. It was the only house in the woods. There are woods in the surrounding area. I closed my mouth and looked at him. I smiled at him. He took out our suitcases. Looks like there is no one here except us. We entered the house. It was beautiful. Everything was made of fine wood and was beautifully decorated. He showed me a room,

"That's your room."

"What about you?"I asked.

"My room is in the opposite direction. I don't want to be in the same room as you."He rudely said as he turned to leave.

"And yeah, Don't come to my room. No matter what."He said.

"I am not," I mumbled and walked inside my room.

I smiled and looked down. I realized at that time, How he hated being in the same room as me. Tears brimmed in my eyes but I quickly wiped them. Why is he so rude? Okay, I get it he doesn't want to marry me but still.

He doesn't even want to see my face, so I decided to change into something comfortable. I wear a red tank and shorts. I need to calm my mind. Now, I am alone. I decided to read a book. I laid on my stomach, My legs were swinging in the air. I hummed to myself as I read the book. I got so lost in it, I didn't notice that I began to sing loudly instead of reading.