Chapter # 22

I woke up, feeling the warmth filled with affection around me. I smiled as I looked at Desmond. Poor him he slept in that position the whole night and with the lights turned on. I stayed in his arms, never wanting to leave them. This is my paradise. He promised he won't hurt me. But, a feeling of uneasiness still lingers in my heart. I don't want any bad thoughts to ruin my solace. I close my eyes, resting my head on the chest of my beloved husband.

But, no. I need to go to the washroom. I pouted. I truly don't want to. I shifted as I got out of his grasp. He instantly woke up.

"Sorry..." I gave him an apologetic look. He rubbed his eyes. He looks very tired.

"It's alright." He said as he laid down. I got out of the bed and freshened up. I sat beside him and put my hand on his shoulder. I still felt scared to do anything without his permission- especially touching him.

"Are you alright?" I asked softly.

"Yeah..... just tired..." I smiled. I turned off the lights and covered the sunlight using curtains. I turned and looked at Desmond. He was lying on his stomach with both arms and legs stretched out. I chuckle to myself. He must be exhausted. I closed the door behind me. I grinned like crazy remembering last night.

I was walking around the house as my phone rang,

"Hello?" I said.

"Hello, Sweetie." I heard my father's voice.

"How are you?" I asked.

"We are fine and you?"

"I am very fine!" I beamed.

"I am glad. By the way, you haven't forgotten about the dinner, have you?" I stick my tongue out. I totally forgot about dinner. I heard my father's sigh.

"Thanks for reminding me!" I said merrily.

"Don't be late, okay?"

"Yup!" I said childishly. Father chuckled and said, "Okay then, See you."

"See you. Take care. Bye," I smiled as I cut the call. I forgot about the family gathering dinner. We all are getting together. Me and Desmond. Mr and Mrs Corte. Mother and father. The last time we were together was when I asked for a divorce. And now, we are coming together. How time flies and circumstances change, This is what fate is...

I was swinging in the garden. A lot happened. Finally, my relationship with Desmond is getting better. I still felt alarmed under his touch. But I also get a divine source of fondness in his arms.

I badly want to believe that he won't hurt me again but the fears he induced in my heart are irremovable. The feeling of apprehension surges through me whenever I am with him. A part of me wanted to relax in his arms while another part of me felt scared that he would show his hatred, the moment I lowered my guard.

He is my husband, I should trust him that much, at least. My love for him is still far more than my fear. It's alright.

On the other hand, The unexplainable feeling of content gushed through me whenever he showed his affection. The feeling of elation just by his little hint of tenderness. The exhilaration which is extensive, fills my very being. The eerie feeling that bounds me close to him.

I sighed loudly, I am just stuck between these two feelings.

It's almost lunchtime. The dinner is next week since we are going to cook, I need to know Desmond's favorite food. I was walking, then, I saw Desmond, I quickly went to him.

"Good Morning!" I beam at him.

"Morning?" He asked. I looked at the time.

"Oh! Good Afternoon!" I grinned again.