Chapter # 24

Ester, ever since I met you, undesirable emotions evoked in me. My heart constantly began to tell me one thing; stop because this is the moment you have been waiting for.

***

"Desmond.." Ester called me. I hummed and she asked, "Have you visited Paris before?"

"Hmm. Once. You?"

"Many times. Whenever Father had work there he dragged me with him and I always got bored there because there's nothing to do." She said, shrugging her shoulders with a smile.

"You could be my guide, we can visit places together." I said.

"Only if I visited places." She laughed. "You literally wasted your time staying at your place." I sighed. "I know. Now I regret it." She said, turning to me. "Why now?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Hmm..." She held her chin and began to say, "After all this endless crying and heartbreak. I think I finally understood I need to live and not confine myself to the walls. And the credit goes to you for making me realize I need to get out from my small world of delusions." She grinned.

"Why me?" I was happy to know that. I wanted her to be like this. Unafraid and confident. She needs this and I want her to become like this. She needs to enjoy the little things... which I also never do but at least she needs it.

"Because... I know you are trying to change yourself and me. When you are trying, I should as well." She said earnestly. I blinked when I heard it. Soon a smile came to my lips as I kissed her forehead, "Because we both need to break the cage." I said, stroking the side of her face affectionately. "And we will." She added.

"One day." I said as we went to our destination.

***

"Here's your room. Hope you enjoy your stay." The manager nodded and left. After he left, I closed the door behind me. I saw Ester. She smiled and looked around. She looked at the bed and asked, "Where is my-" She stopped mid-sentence and burst into laughter.

"What?" I asked, perplexed by her action. She sat on the bed and calmed herself.

"Sorry. I thought I was here with Father so I was about to ask where my room was and then I remembered I am with you." She gave me a nervous smile, scratching the back of her neck. I chuckled and shook my head. "Tiredness took its toll on you." I said, taking a seat.

"Seems like it." She replied. "I am sleepy." She stretched her arms and fell on the bed. I smiled and went to take a shower. I walked out and saw her sleeping peacefully. Her lower body hanging down, her shoes were still on and arms spread out. I sighed and removed her shoes and shifted her.

I kissed her hands and also laid beside her. She wrapped her arms around me.

"I am so happy to have you in my life. Thank you for everything you have done for me." I whispered to her and kissed her forehead. I pulled away and also fell asleep.

I woke up with a poke over my cheek. I groaned and held the hand which was poking me.

"Desmond." Ester called me sternly.

"What?" I asked groggily.

"It's night." She said sternly.

"So what?" I asked, opening my eyes and looking at her with a frown.

"What are we going to do at night? I have just woken up and I am not going to sleep." She complained.

"You are here with me." I said, yawning.

"So?" She asked. I sat up and smirked at her, "We have all night." My smirk grew wider.

"No, I am not in the mood." She closed her arms at her chest. "You never were." I mumbled, getting out of the bed. I looked at her, she was wearing a white shirt with my boxers.

"Why are you wearing my boxers?" I asked.

"Because I want to." She said,

"Okay.. anyways." I stood up and opened the suitcase. I took out my casual navy blue buttoned shirt with my brown jeans. I then took out her above-knee frock adorned with violet sequin and turned into gradient black in the end.

"Wear it, Ester." I told her. "Why?" She asked.

"Because I said so." I said nonchalantly.

"Fine." She puffed and went to the bathroom and wore a dress. I got ready and she also came out, she looked attractive as always in the dress. I smiled when I saw her, she is really my sapphire goddess. When my eyes bore in hers, I get lost in them.

"We are going to a club." I told her, taking a step towards her.

"Come again?" She asked. I took a strand of her hair between my fingers as my eyes cascaded down, watching her angelic features. Letting a sweet elation embedding to my core.

"We are going to a club." I said slowly, my eyes stopping at hers.

"You sure?" She asked hesitantly.

"You are too innocent, Ester. You should do some things." I smirked, moving close to her. Her lips slightly parted, she seemed distressed and pure. She took a step back and stuttered, "T-Things like w-what?" My smirk grew dark, I held her waist and pulled her close to me. She shivered and held my shirt. I am still amazed she let me consummate our marriage.

"Bad ones." I whispered huskily, lifting her chin. I stared deep into her eyes, her heart began to beat fast as her breath turned rapidly. She shuddered and swallowed the lump in her throat. She turned her head away.

"Ester." I called her sternly. I removed her hand in the middle and pressed my body against hers. I looked at her deadpanned. She began to quiver which kinda irked me but I contained it inside me and continued, "I am not putting any restrictions on you. Refraining yourself will not do you any good. You can do whatever you want, especially with me, no need to be a slave of my words- you are free. There are no shackles around you." She looked at me with a hint of sadness. She averted her gaze, I gradually let her go. She took a step back and hugged her sides. She bit her bottom lips and took a deep breath. She closed her eyes and after a few moments of silence she whispered in a croaked voice, "I know..." She opened her eyes and looked at me as she continued, "I know but I need some time. I cannot change myself."

"I know. You don't have to force things upon yourself. I am with you. We will take one step at one time." She gave me a faint smile and nodded.

I wrapped my one arm around her shoulder and asked, "Shall we go?"

"Okay.. I guess." She trailed off.

"It's gonna be fun." I assure her. "If you say so." She giggled and we left.

We reached the club. Ester smiled and looked around. "It's... Amusing." That was her first sentence.

"This is your first time in a club?" I asked. She nodded and walked inside, looking around as if she was in an unfamiliar world.

"Let's get you your first drink." I said. She nodded and went after me. "I wanna dance as well." She said, looking at the dance floor. "You can." I said sitting on the stool.

"What do you want to drink?" I asked.

"I don't know.." She shrugged her shoulders. She was looking around with extreme fascination and with a smile. I nodded and ordered whiskey for her.

"Here you go." I offered her. She smirked and took the shot in one go.

My eyes widened in disbelief, I clearly didn't expect this. It seems like she was dying to live moments like this and now it has become reality, she doesn't want to hesitate. I liked that.