Chapter # 25

Ester, my each moment with you is unforgettable.

***

"It's strange. I don't like it." She made a sour face. "Wanna try another one?" I asked.

"Tequila." She said, making a bitter face. I couldn't help but to chuckle at her reaction. I nodded and ordered Tequila for her. She took a deep breath and looked at me, "If it doesn't taste good, I will never drink again." She said and again drank it.

A smile came to her lip when she drank it, "I think I will go with this." She said, "I like it."

"Glad you liked it." I snickered. She pouted and said, "Come with me."

"Where?" I asked. "to the dance floor, where else?"

"Okay." She is not holding back at all.

And after hours of dancing and drinking I am carrying the drunk Ester back to our hotel room with me... on my back. Because she refused to go back in a taxi or walk by herself. I can say today is the best day because I saw Ester the way I have never seen her before. She was grumpy and goofy and I loved it. I would love to tease her about it, that's why I made videos of her.

"You know Desmond... I have loved you even before our marriage- wait a minute, we were married before our marriage... then who are you?" She was flabbergast.

"I'm your husband." I chuckled.

"No.. You are a different person. Because the Desmond I married was hateful, insensible, bad, heartless... but I still loved him. I don't know why?" She mumbled. Her words were true and I couldn't say anything, I was at fault.

"But the Desmond I have married now is really sweet and caring. He is so loving., making my every dream come true. He is the best, I love him so much!" She chirped. A smile came to my lips when I heard it. I remained silent and listened to her talks carefully.

"Anyways, Desmond... when water is blue, sky is blue then why am I not blue?" She asked after a while, not aware of her senses. I laughed when I heard it. "Because your eyes are all blue." I replied.

She hummed and said, "Why are your eyes black then?"

"Mine are gray." I said. "What?" She asked, sounding surprised.

"Oh my God. What is that?" She asked, horrified.

"Color."

"When did that happen? I thought Gray is a person." She asked. "When you were sleeping." I joked. "Now I know..." She trailed off.

"You know Desmond... I love you so much. And now you have become so sweet like this. My love has increased infinitely. I want you to be like this forever. You are turning my every dream true. I love you so much for it. You are the best!" She hugged me tightly.

"Thank you, for coming in my life like a cure." I said sincerely.

"Hmm.." She hummed. Soon, I can hear her snoring. I smiled widely and went back to the hotel.

The next day, Ester kept on nagging me to tell her what she did yesterday but I didn't tell her.

"Come on.. tell me." She whined.

"You want to know?" I asked, turning to her. "Yes." She puffed.

"We had a very intimate talk. I didn't know you thought that bad." I smirked as I lied. Her face turned crimson as she took a step back.

"What d-do you mean?" She stuttered. I took a step closer and continued, "You have really intriguing thoughts about me."

"I don't want to know what I said." She said hurriedly, putting her hands in the air.

"No, let me tell you..." I began to say in a low voice, "You asked me..." Ester put her hand over her ears. I removed her hands and moved to her ears, She shut her eyes.

Not wanting to listen. I brushed my lips over her ears and said huskily, "When the sky is blue, water is blue, why are you not blue?"

Her eyes fluttered as she looked at me, Her mouth gaped. I burst into laughter and laid beside her.

"I never said that." She said firmly, closing her arms at her chest. "You did." I teased.

"In fact, that person was not even me. That's it." She announced. "You were so cute. I carried you on my back." I said. Her blush became dark and she stammered, "I told you. It was not me."

"Whatever you say." I laughed off. "Okay come on, get ready and wear something comfortable." I told her, getting up. "Where are we going now?" She whined.

"On a walk. It will be fun." I smiled. She smiled back as she nodded and left. She wore a casual black hood and jeans with it as we left.

We walked on the streets, holding hands. When my fingers intertwined with hers, I felt so complete as if nothing could hurt me. I was secure, loved. My content is beyond comprehension. I never thought my redemption would be so beautiful. I want this to last an eternity.

"There's something magical in the air... don't you think?" She asked. "I think the only magic present is in you."

"Why?" She asked.

"Because I am blind to the spell cast by your eyes." She blushed and shyly looked away.

"Thank you." She whispered. Walking and dragging me to a random shop, buying and trying out new stuff.

As we were walking, I pushed her to me and held her waist.

"Desmond.." She murmured. I moved close to her face, looking at her intensely. "I love you, Ester." I said with in-depth emotions.

"I love you too." She smiled. I moved close and brushed her lips against mine. "Can I kiss you?" I asked.

"Desmond, today, I am telling you." She said, putting her hand over my chest, I felt disheartened, not wanting to face any rejection from her. I waited for her to continue as she said, "Never hesitate to touch me."

With that, I took her into a soft, tender kiss. Without caring for a thing, I kissed her. The endearment building inside me was so sacred and inexplicable.

We pulled away, she chuckled as we continued our walk. We had lunch outside and came back in the evening.

"Ah! I am tired." Ester sighed. "Me too." I said, looking for my flute.

"Doesn't seem like it." Ester muttered.

"Because I am looking for something."

"For what?"

"My Flute?"

"Why?"

"Because I want to play it." I then turned to her and asked, "Do you wanna sing along?" She quickly sat up when she heard it.

"Can I? I mean I cannot cope with the tune. It will ruin the melody." She said, "It's okay. It just needs to be connected and I believe we are connected." I smiled.

"I guess so." She smiled back. "You know Desmond, I really wanted to sing while you played the flute." She said sadly.

"Now you can." I said.

I found my flute and then sat beside her.

"First tell me the song's name." Ester said as I told her the name.

"Okay..." I took a deep breath and began to sing in accordance with the rhythm of the harmony.

***

Don't forget to leave a like, comment and follow to support your Author!