Chapter # 3

A week left for our marriage. I felt like my anxiety was at its peak. I wanted to talk to Desmond but I didn't. I don't want to disturb him. Let him think and gain enough courage to cancel the marriage himself.

I was looking at the stars. I feel calm whenever I look at them. They are so beautiful. I saw a shooting star and being a dreamer, I closed my eyes and wished,

"Please, God! Work this marriage out and make him love me." I smiled. I know that this is nothing but a fantasy but it's not wrong if I want to work my marriage out.

As I was looking at the stars mother came from behind,

"Hey, Mother!"I said as my mother sat beside me on the bench. I put my head on her lap and closed my eyes. She runs her fingers through my hairs and began to say,

"Ester, We are going to buy your wedding dress tomorrow." I just smiled. I still can't believe that I am getting married.

My mother and I went to the boutique to buy a wedding dress. Mother selected a few dresses. I tried them but none of them look good. I wore a mermaid dress but the fitting isn't to my liking.

After spending a lot of time, I chose a Gown. It has net sleeves and a simple evening-length gown. It looked really elegant and graceful. But, Mother didn't like it.

"It's too simple, Love.'' Well, she is right, I am not going to a party. It's my wedding. I should look at the most beautiful. Finally, they showed us their best wedding gown. It was a floor-length lace gown. The front as well as the sleeves, everything was lacy and lavishing. It has such grace I was seeking. Mother looked at me with awe.

"It's perfect." Mother kissed my forehead as I smiled at her.

Finally, after buying the dress, we went home and I didn't allow anyone to look at the dress. It feels like a dream.

I was laying on the bed and my mind was hazy. I couldn't think straight. Tomorrow is my wedding. Just that thought made me nervous. I was pulling my hair to calm myself but then my phone rang. My heart stopped for a second when I saw the caller ID. It's Desmond. I took a deep breath and attend the call,

"Hello, " I spoke in a soft voice.

"Hi...Tomorrow is our marriage." I blushed when he said that.

"Yeah... I know."I said rather nervously.

"You are nervous."He said in amusement. "What do you expect?" I asked. I smiled and said, "Yes, I am, a lot."

"You have proven that you are acquiescent," He said. "And stupid too, right?" I said dryly.

"Yes." He said. "I don't need you to tell me."

"Judging from your choice to marry me." He said.

"Huh?"It was my only reply.

"Don't Blame me For what happens next. My soon to be wife. Mrs Ester La Corte" He said as he cut the call. I just remain motionless. What is he talking about? At this point I know my choice to marry him might be wrong but I want to take the risk of loving and being loved by him, I don't know why but I do.

***

I was pacing around the dressing room in my gown. I felt like I was going to faint from nervousness. My heart is beating so fast.

My hands were cold as ice. Mother and Father entered. Their eyes teared up when they looked at me. We hugged and I held my tears back. They kissed my forehead then father said,

"My daughter looks so pretty."Father smiled. Then, father offered me his arm as I wrapped my one hand around it while mother handed me the bouquet of Roses. I stared at them as I admired their beauty.