Chapter # 11

I was swinging in the garden. I wonder when Desmond's birthday? I sighed and began to hum. It's been six months since our marriage. It's almost June. The Summer season will start soon and Desmond didn't even allow me to wear summer clothes. I think he is closing all my ways to reach his heart on purpose. Why is he pushing me away? It's ridiculous, he just doesn't like me. I am not his type either. He doesn't love me. There's nothing more to this. Then why does he say he can't love me? He is pushing me into the abyss by these unclear talks of him.

I sighed and went inside. Today is Sunday and as always, he has locked himself in his studies. Sometimes I think that for him, the house consists of his studies and room. I went to the dining hall and saw no one.

"Where is Desmond?"I asked Savannah.

"He is in his studies." I smiled and went to his study room.

I forgot to knock. I pushed the door open. The moment I opened it, a vase crashed into me. I let out a cry. I looked in the direction where it came from. Desmond looked at me with wide eyes. He instantly regrets doing that. An instant regret is shown in his eyes. It's something he rarely shows-especially for me. He walked towards me.

"YOU IDIOT! DON'T YOU KNOW HOW TO KNOCK!?" He yelled at me. Me, who was holding the door so I didn't fall on the ground, couldn't meet his gaze.

"I forgot," I whispered, holding my tears. The shards of glass pricked in my left calf. I couldn't hold it and let out a cry at the pain. He heaved at me and wrapped his arms around my waist and helped me to walk to our room. He sat me on the bed and went to get the first aid kit. He came back with a first aid kit. He bent and took out the pieces. I shrieked and held his shoulders. I began to sob. He rolled my jeans upwards to my knees.

"Who the hell told you to come to my studies!?" He said exasperated. I looked at him. His eyes show affection and regret hurting me. I was taken aback, he is showing such emotions to me.

"For lunch, "I said in a low voice.

"You won't die if you wait for a while," He applied some antiseptic. I yelped in pain as my grip on his shoulders tightened.

"Stay Still." He scolded and began to apply the antiseptic. I bit my lips as tears brimmed in my eyes due to pain.

"What about you?" I spoke in a soft voice.

"What?" He asked, with a perfectly raised eyebrow. His features are flawless, his intimidating looks hides all his ruthlessness.

"I came to call you for lunch." I looked down as his gaze met mine. His Gray eyes show frustration, anger and stress. I blinked a few times as he began to wrap the bandage around my wounded calf down to my ankle.

"You don't need to meddle in my life. Mind your own business." He said rudely as he left me alone there.

"I WON'T!" I yelled back but he didn't hear it.

I looked at my bandaged calf. I smiled at it. It's scarce for him to be concerned. A few moments later, Savannah came with a tray of food.

"Ma'am, Sir said that you're gonna eat in your room," I nodded and began to eat. I wonder why Desmond is so frustrated? I wished he could show more emotions, like affection. I grinned as I remember him getting concerned for me.

It's been a few days and I am back to normal. I was running around the house for no specific reason. Savannah giggled at my childish act. Not just her but everyone in this house is smiling at me. I just couldn't help it, I am feeling so childish. As I was running, my phone rang,

"Hello, father!" I beamed panting.

"Hello, my love. Are you alright?" He asked. He sounds concerned, hearing my pants.