Chapter # 38

Ester, I promise I will snatch our happy ending from the grasp of darkest nights.

After reading them, I understood why she asked to call the police, and why she put the plan like this. Everything began to make sense now. Even Henry's story made it clear. I know it... I know it all.

He had a firm grip over me and he was overconfident. I know I cannot break him from outside but I can intoxicate him from inside.

His game is over, everything is over and I won in the end. The dread is no more, my hands were shaking but not from fear.

I was getting eager. It was the thrill of giving him the taste of defeat and having the final laugh. Finally....

I need to keep this out from Emily and Tamara's knowledge. Who knows how much effort she put into it to gain these papers. I have to take care of them and the most surprising thing is that she stole the original papers.

I guess Henry didn't pay attention to it because he put me as Grace's murderer and thought no one will ever get close to the truth.

I am glad Ester came into my life and broke the delusion of mine. If it wasn't for her, I would have lived my whole life in a lie. I am grateful for her. And now it's the time to get her back and put everything back to normal.

The next day, I know what I should do. First of all, I need to keep Tamara and Emily out of it.

I had a monotonous day and when I returned from work, surprisingly Emily and Tamara came to meet me. It was expected so I went to see them.

I have also talked to Jake about it. He agreed to not make his comeback and their patch up official until we deal with the mastermind who destroyed lives. I swear if there's a cult, he would be the leader of it. Someone with a devilish mind like him is truly terrifying.

I saw Tamara looking down. "Hey." I smiled at them.

"Desmond..." Emily called me. I hummed and she glared at Tamara and continued, "She needs to talk to you."

"Yeah.. what is it?" I asked. Tamara bit her bottom lip and whispered on the verge of crying, "I am sorry."

"It's okay." I smiled. Emily looked at me in disbelief, not expecting me to forgive someone that quick.

"No it's not. I am truly sorry. I never knew his intentions were so bad. I am so sorry." She began to cry.

My gaze softened as I said in a gentle tone, "It's okay. You don't have to worry about it. He manipulated you, it's not your fault." She sniffed and nodded, "Thank you.." She said,

"Come join me for dinner." I offered. "No, it's okay." She smiled.

"I insist." I said. They both smiled, "I shall wash my face." Tamara said. I motioned to Savannah to show her the bathroom. After she left Emily teased, "That was rare."

"What?"

"You forgave her so easily."

"Emily I did so many bad things, still Ester forgave me in the end. I learned from her how to let things go." I said in a low tone.

"You have changed a lot." She said,

"I know. And I changed for good." I looked at her. She smiled and patted my back, "I am happy for you."

"Thanks..."

They left after dinner. I took a deep breath. My heart rate increased. I clutched the papers in my hands tightly. It's okay. You can do this. I consoled myself and called Henry.

"Let's meet at the bar we met last time." I said hurriedly.

"Why?" He asked.

"Because we need to sort things out." I said with my voice getting angry.